Masters of the Universe

I am not always the most positive person on the planet.  In fact, just the other day my hubby had to knock me off my Negative Nancy Barcalounger.  I was being a real Debbie Downer and I threw stones at anyone that came close. 

I get down.  We all get down. But that doesn't mean we get to blame everyone and everything else for it. 

I have had many a heaping spoonful of reality over the years.  I battle depression.  I get down, I get through it, get down again, and keep trudging through.

Why?

Because I'm worth it.

I don't ask to be depressed.  I don't go looking for it.  It just happens. 

It's not anyone else's fault. 

Don't believe me? One of the definitions of "fault" is "an unattractive or unsatisfactory feature, esp. in a piece of work or in a person's character"

....based on that it is solely MY fault.  

I can try for days to blame the weather, the person who pissed me off or hurt my feelings, the world in general. But when it comes down to it, it's myself to who's to blame.  I allowed myself to be hurt, pissed, etc.


But I do know that when I'm down it's because I let myself get that way.  I have allowed myself to "go there" and quite often I even burrowed myself deeper into depression and blamed everyone and everything around me because, well... I could. 

But then I realize that I'm the Master of my own Universe and can make it good or bad.  

Of course, it took me many years to get to the point where I owned my depression and the reasons it happens to me. And here is the part where I will be painfully honest when I tell you that even still today, when I get depressed, I try so hard to find someone or something else to blame for it.  It's basic human nature to do that I think.  It's easier to put it off on someone or something else.   It's easier to feel the victim, than to swallow the bitter taste of reality.  

But, alas, I know that it's all on me.  

So think about that the next time you find yourself depressed or just simply unhappy with something in your life.  Consider what it is that YOU did to make yourself feel that way.  Then when you figure it out, own it and make it your bitch.  

You are the Master of your Universe too.  Only YOU can change your life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic