Time Flies

The clock on the wall in the baby's room is losing time.  It currently reads 8:13, but it's actually 11:52.  It's been losing time for a few days.  I have been too lazy to change the battery. 

But it's an appropriate physical allusion to the way life feels right now.  I realized this morning that in 10 days my little girl will be four months old.  FOUR MONTHS?!  It seems like it was just last week that I found out I was pregnant. I think it was actually about a year ago that I learned I was pregnant.  Maybe a week or two from now, when I took my first at home tests.... I didn't mark the occasion with a blog post or Facebook status update because I didn't want anyone to know until we met that 3 month viability mark in case something happened.  So I don't know the exact date we found out.  I am sure the midwives have it in my chart, as after taking the home tests on a Thursday night and Friday morning I went in Friday afternoon for a real test at the clinic. 

But back to today and how quickly time is passing. 

Starfish is learning and growing so quickly now that it seems like every time I blink she's bigger and more aware of what's around her.  Her 0-3 month clothes are getting snugger every day.  She's tipping the scale at around 13 lbs.  And the things she has learned to do in the recent weeks just amazes me. 

You don't realize how much there is to learn about being a human until you have a tiny one learning it before your very eyes.  And oh how much we take for granted....

My fingers fly over this keyboard with not a thought on how it happens.  But to observe her as she watches her hands with such concentration as she grabs objects or accidentally brushes against something new that she's never felt before. The look of wonder on her face when she realizes she's the one making that noise when she shakes her rattle.  The recognition that washes over her when she sees me or her daddy or someone else she knows that makes her smile with delight. 

The light bulb moments when she discovers something new is just amazing to behold.

And it's going entirely too quickly.

But that's what babies do.  They grow fast and furious and keep us on our toes.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic