15 Weeks Later...

Today marks the fifteenth week since my little Starfish came into the world. And to mark the occasion she has decided to be an absolute cranklepuss today.

Well it really started yesterday, maybe the day before.  But whatever.  She's intolerable right now.  So far today, if she's not sleeping she's just whining, crying, screaming and/or fussing.  Nothing seems to be a comfort.  I am not sure if it's growing pains or teething pains or a combination of the two, but it's not any fun at all.

I know this too shall pass and all that jazz, but it's exhausting right now.

In recent days when she's in better moods, however, she has been a complete joy.  She's learning new things it seems every day.  She's discovered her feet and likes to have them in hand a lot, which makes things like diaper changes and bath time challenging.

She's finally had success in getting her little pigs into her mouth too, but it's a funny process that leads up to her getting them there.  More often than not her hand slips off her foot and that is what ends up in her mouth.  But it's adorable watching her try to get her foot in her mouth.



She's also taken to rolling over from back to belly, which seems to irritate her because ....well... then she's on her tummy and she hate being on her tummy.  So while I want to encourage her to roll over and exercise those muscles I totally want to discourage it because the whining that comes with it is just irritating.  But I know it's just part of the learning process.

Now she doesn't flip out every time she ends up on her tummy.  I found that if I put her on her belly on my exercise ball and hold her steady, she enjoys being on her tummy.  I put my hand on the small of her back and give her a light bounce and she smiles big and seems to really enjoy it.

And sometimes, in the floor she will enjoy tummy time.  But only until she realizes she's having tummy time and then she fusses until I pick her up again.

She's also learned to grab her toys to play with them and has even been doing what I call a "switcheroo" where she has the toy in one hand and with purpose puts in her other hand.  It's funny to watch her do this because of the amount of concentration she puts into it, her brows stitched together and the most serious look on her face.  It's so precious.

I've not weighed her in the week or so here at home, but the last time I did she tipped the scale at just under 13 lbs.  My how she's growing!

One of her current favorite things is her "blankie" which is just one of the cloth diapers that I use as burp rags and slobber catchers.  Luckily I have loads of them and can give her a clean one when it's nap time.  She likes to hold it close to her face, often covering her face, with the thumb of one hand in her mouth and the blankie in the other hand.

Oh and she's started laughing.  It's not a full belly laugh yet, but it's still adorable and such a joyful noise.  She's also discovering her voice a lot more lately exhibiting squeals and squeaks and other such sounds.  I love it.

....and the crank monster woke up.  I am now too distracted to finish any single thought so I shall sign off for now and see if I can settle the Starfish down a bit. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic