Onesie Funsie

So this past weekend the husband and I went to hang out with our friends in what may well be our last adults only event with them.  As you can see by the ticker up there, I've got less than two weeks until my estimated due date (EDD) and while I could end up going over-due, I've still don't really have that much time before our precious little one arrives.

So, at every opportunity we've been doing the adults only type things we enjoy doing since we know eventually they will be crashed with poopy diapers and a cooing baby.  I don't foresee us giving up our current lifestyle, by the way, just adjusting it around the child so long as we continue to get invites to fun events with our friends.


Saturday night, it was a boozy bonfire with our closest friends.  Mind you, I only got to drink water... the boozy fun was for everyone else and included lots of beer and jello shots. The bonfire was enormous and warm despite the snow that fell pretty much the entire time.  Bundled up and sweating from the heat of it, we had a great time goofing off and just being in the moment.  We laughed and had a grand ol' time.

Something not typical of our group occurred after everyone was pretty well liquored up... Onesie painting.  There were quite a few onsies left over from the baby shower that didn't get decorated with fabric paint and since we had the gang all together, we decided it would be a prime time to get creative.  And boy, were they all quite creative.  Here are the onsies that got made during the get together.

Big Daddy made this little ladybug onesie.

Uncle Aaron made this sassy little number.

Big Daddy also made this one, but please don't ask what it means...cause I don't think even he knew.

Chris made this little gem, sleeve tattoo's like mommy... the reverse is further down below, tramp stamp and all.

Doug made this one for our little nameless girl.

Kathy made this pink cammo and glitter heart one, reverse just below this one.

The reverse of Kathy's cammo onesie.

Doug also made this crawly critter one.

I made this one, you can't tell but the bat is purple and glittery.

I made this one as well... the cutest stencil evarrrrr! I love owls.

Stu made this one, the reverse is below.

The reverse of Stu's complete with frog and gecko and "pre-poopy stain".

Big Daddy made this one as well.

I think Doug made this one also, but I'm not 100% certain.

No idea who made this backside polka dot abstract onesie but I think it's cute.

This is the reverse of Chris's sleeve tattoo onesie from way up there, he figured every little girl needed a tramp stamped onesie. :P



As you can see, alcohol and paint mixed for one heck of a creatively fun time.  We had a blast making these and I can't wait to see the pictures my brother-in-law took, as he was snapping shots the entire time. 

Our friends are the best and we couldn't ask for a better group, for sure.  I know that once our little girl arrives, she too will love her honorary aunties and uncles as much as her daddy and I do. 


Comments

june in florida said…
I never heard of onsies before but its really a cute idea.I am having trouble posting this, you may get 3.
Belledog said…
Ten days! Thinking of you.

Baby girl's going to dress with attitude.

Best to you and dad to be.
Belledog said…
NG minus five.

Ninja Girl.

Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up