Oh Poo...

I'm such a naive mommy.  I thought that because baby girl was crying after the silent period that typically precedes her efforts to create a full dirty diaper, that it was time to go ahead and change her.  But apparently my little starfish wasn't crying to be changed quite yet.  No, as soon as I was mid tushy wipe I felt something warm on my hand.  At first I thought, "oh boy here we go again, she peed on me". 

But then I looked down just in time to catch the jet action of her little digestive system as she shot poo across my hand, onto the changing pad cover, then onto the crib sheet, and finally onto the packet of wipes at the foot of the crib. (she gets a 4 out of 5 for distance for sure)

All I could do was laugh. 

I knew it was gonna happen eventually.  I've been peed on already quite a few times so I was sort of prepared.  But her pee just dribbles and puddles around her little tushy and is pretty easy to clean up.  This was a completely different, projectile, beast.  One that required about 6 baby wipes and a quick one-handed change in bedclothes so a load of laundry could be started once baby girl had a fresh clean nappy on. 

I swear, she smiled the entire time too.  It's like she was waiting... plotting when and where she would finally poo on mommy. 

Touche starfish... touche.

Comments

june in florida said…
My oldest son did the same when he was newborn, but his hit the front grid of a radio, bye bye radio.
Anonymous said…
There will be days when it seems that that your starfish will stare right through you. As to say what are you doing.
Anonymous said…
I kept a diariy of my oldest for the first 90 days interesting reading know
some asian guy said…
that the boy never peed on me, let alone hit me with a poop stream, is kind of a miracle. i always figured he would. sounds like your girl is a real, ahem, pistol.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up