Close, but no cigars.

Yep, I'm still pregnant.  I've got four days until my due date and so far no real signs that the show is even close to beginning.  I'm still getting those fake-out Braxton Hicks contractions, however they have started to get stronger and more uncomfortable, but the midwife said that was normal at my appointment Monday morning. 

I've been exhausted more than usual the past couple of days as well.  I get short sudden bursts of energy which are usually right around meal times and just before I decide to settle down for bed at night, go figure.  And I've been incredibly sore in the hips and lower back.  If I sit for too long I have a hard time getting back up, but once I get moving things ease up dramatically.  So I'm making myself move around more throughout the day to keep from getting too stiff.

I do hope that labor starts sooner rather than later.  As of right now I have a temporary appointment set up for Monday for a regular check-up with the midwife.  And also an appointment scheduled at the hospital on Tuesday in case I'm still with-child, for a non-stress test and an ultrasound just to make sure baby is safe in her little home.  I'm hoping to shake her loose before those appointments come to fruition because I really don't want to rack up more charges nor do I really want to be pregnant anymore.  Although it would be kinda nice to see my little starfish again via ultrasound since I've only seen her the one time 20 weeks ago when she was a tiny little thing.

During my appointment on Monday the midwife suggested that baby girl is around 7.5-8 lbs now.  Another reason to hope for labor soon, if she gets more time to grow she's gonna be a big chubbers.  Not that I don't want a big chubbers to snuggle with, but I would prefer a little chubbers to push out.  haha

Aside from just waiting and waiting to meet our baby girl, the hubby and I have been taking advantage of the time we have together.  Saturday we set out with our good friend on a maternity photo shoot.  We had a blast and I really can't wait to see the pictures when she's done editing them.  (of course I'll post some when I get them)  After pictures we went out to eat with her and her hubby and had a really good time. 

Sunday hubby and I set about cleaning house.  I tackled our bedroom, which sadly hadn't been deep cleaned for several years... please don't judge... but it ended up being a 5 hour job that came from just having been an incredible slacker for entirely too long.  It looks incredible now. 

Hubby took his energy outdoors, since it was a gorgeous day in the upper 60's, and he washed the car and his work van, sprayed off the driveway and scrubbed the front porch down in preparation for the many guests we expect to see once baby girl arrives. 

Once we were done with our household chores we decided to run to the grocery store to grab some essentials and pick up something for dinner.  Back home, hubby fired up the grill and while I made steamed veggies on the stove inside, he grilled up filet mignon steaks to absolute perfection and then we enjoyed ourselves a swell dinner. 

So now, the weekend is over and hubby is back to work and I'm back to trying to rest, get small chores accomplished, and trying hard not focus on when labor is going to begin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up