MeMe a GoGo - My 400th Post!

1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Had surgery which also landed me with stitches... both of which I'd never had before.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did manage to sort of keep at least one of my resolutions... I wanted to try new things and I did manage to do that.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, no one I can think of anyway.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, no. There were a few close calls this year... but I'm thankful that they all survived.

5. What countries did you visit?
Just stayed in the USA this year.

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Good health and a better, less stressful job.

7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 21st, since that was the day I married the love of my life.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
See #7... :o)

9. What was your biggest failure?
Honestly I dunno if I had any real "failures" this year.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, in March I got gassed on the job and passed out causing a whole host of health related issues. Then I had a gastro thing that landed me in the hospital for four days the weekend before my wedding... then in August I had my gallbladder removed.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My iPhone4... a-maz-ing.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My amazing husband, who has stuck out this year filled with highs and lows and still loves me all the same. :)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I'd say that the passengers that get on my bus are the ones that fit this bill.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Holiday gifts, medical bills, and cell phone payments.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting a new job (which I now kind of regret) and of course getting married.


16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
"Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO. Yeah yeah, don't judge me.


17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
a - sadder I think, I thought for sure working for the CO2 delivery company was terrible at the time, now I'm thinking it wasn't as bad as I thought. b - slightly thinner. but then gallbladder surgery and a major change in diet habits does that to a person. c - about the same financially this year as last.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spent more time reconnecting with myself. I spent so much of this year stressed out and working hard that I feel like I've lost touch with who I am.


19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Work... *sigh* It's sad that I feel like this last year I've missed more of my life because of my new job than I did when I was OTR. I was gone all the time when I was trucking but at least my home time was quality. Sometimes, quantity isn't all it's cracked up to be.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family at my Dad's house. It was very nice.


21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Yes, with my husband. He was just my boyfriend, my fiance before... and the moment I said "I do" my heart burst with even more love for him. He is my everything.


22. What was your favorite TV program?
I watched a lot of Netflix and found that I have really missed out on some great TV over the past few years. My favorite show being Ugly Betty. Second favorite, Glee. Third... well... it's a tie between Vampire Diaries and Bones.


23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Not that I can think of.

24. What was the best book you read?
I spent the majority of the year devouring the Harry Potter series. I didn't get to read any other books so I have to say that all seven were my favorites.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Muse's Absolution Album. Amazing ear candy.


26. What did you want and get?
A waffle iron and my iPhone 4. And pretty much anything else I want... I'm spoiled. I'm okay with that.

27. What did you want and not get?
A frickin' vacation.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I totally loved Super 8 (not sure if it was released this year but I watched it this year so there). And I also thoroughly enjoyed the latest installment of the Sherlock Holmes movies starring Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I worked... I turned 32.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not having accepted this job. Sadly it's been the thorn in my side since I started.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Polyester uniform pants and rebelliously wrinkled cotton shirts. and a developing penchant for purses!

32. What kept you sane?
My husband and my penchant for purses. ;o)


33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Harry Potter... And Ronald Weasley

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The "occupy" protestors.

35. Who did you miss?
My mother, always.


36. Who was the best new person you met?

There are a few new people I've met through my job that I enjoy quite a bit.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Warn the nurses that I have weak veins in the left arm and avoid massive pain, aggravation and bruising. Especially if it's a week before a major event like MY WEDDING!!

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"I'm a survivor"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up