French Couture

I'm sitting here on this chilly Sunday morning, nursing a tummy ache with some ice cold ginger ale watching a program that has become a near Sunday morning staple in my life in recent years. Currently on the program is a piece about a famous fashion designer who has his pieces on display at a Texas museum of art. I'd describe most of his fashion designs to be that of this blogs title. French Couture.

He's a fabulous man. With bold and fabulous design ideas. Many a celebrity "wear him". I'd not be opposed to having a one of a kind couture piece of his as well. And I don't really consider myself a fashionista in any sense of the word. I just appreciate his kind of "art" for what it is. And as I said... it's fabulous.

Today I may head out to a local discount store or two in search of some work clothes. I need some jeans and things that I don't mind getting ruined for an upcoming adventure I'm going to be having. At the current my closet is filled with the few fabulous clothing items I've purchased in the last year and some months that aren't worthy of dirt and filth. They are much too nice to be ruined. And some of them, my favorite pair of jeans for instance, cost too much to go getting them dirty for any reason or cause.

As I said, I'm not into the whole fashion thing. But I do like to look nice. So even though I will buy "cheap jeans" I will still want them to look nice and be flattering. So my search for such items might end up taking me to places a little nicer than the bargain stores, ya know like K-Mart. I just can't let it take me to department stores like Penny's or Kohl's where I'd spend more than $15 for a pair of jeans I know will end up stained and well worn.

I may even offer to purchase some new pants for my hubby if I can drag him along with me. He's quite sick with a cold right now though and may just opt to stay home and rest for the day. He needs new work pants too. All the pants I bought him a couple years ago are now soiled beyond the cleaning capability of our washing machine. He likes to use his pants as finger cleaning devices when he gets into paint, dry-wall mud, concrete mixes, liquid nails and caulk. You can use those items to create a denim stained masterpiece in your mind. While laundry day makes them a part of my reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up