Been sick...again.

So I have been quite ill (again) for the past 3-4 days. I thought at first when it started it was just allergies, what with all the crazy weather we've been having here in West Virginia. 60 one day, 30 the next, and back and forth like a volleyball game. Then it started to take a turn for the worse. Light sniffles turned into full body aches, headache, sore throat, fever, massive sinus congestion... and the all the rest. I realized mid-day on Friday that more than likely I had the actual flu. I worked all day, reluctantly. I muscled through two shifts completing a total of 8 hours of work. I had a split between the two shifts, which was consumed with sleeping to refuel my energy bank.

I was MISERABLE but I thought if I just powered through it I'd be okay the next day. I wanted to call in sick for the afternoon shift so badly but I didn't do it. I figured I'd get through it and hope I felt better for the next day.

Well Saturday wasn't any better. If anything it was worse. I slept around 10 hours Friday night, partly due to a NyQuil induced coma and partly due to the sheer exhaustion the flu was causing. I woke up once during the night and realized, after a lengthy trip to the bathroom, that there was NO way I could work all day Saturday. So I called in and went back to sleep.

I spent pretty much all day Saturday on the couch, drifting in and out of consciousness, watching movies on Netflix during my states of alertness. I drank loads of water and ginger ale, ate when I started getting hungry. The act of actually walking downstairs to fix and consume food exhausted me. I'd manage to get back to my couch and then nap a little.

I was taking Sudafed during the daytime on Saturday too, to try to help my nasal passages get some relief and allow me to breath through my nose. It worked, but it also tended to give me the jitters for about the first two hours after taking it. That is to say I'd shake and be jumpy, even at noises coming from the television. I hate taking that crap but it is really the only thing that helps open my sinuses up.

Once the sun set it was time to switch to NyQuil once more. I ended up going to bed around 9 o'clock last night and slept until after 10 am this morning. I woke up a couple of times during the night, either sweating profusely from what I assume were fever breaks, or to get up to use the restroom. This flu has really hit my digestive system hard. I have been eating, but it doesn't stick around long. And with as much fluid as I took in during the day I was up and down a lot more than usual through the night.

The good thing is that I don't think I have to worry about my sinuses getting re-infected. As I'm still on the antibiotics from the sinus infection I was diagnosed with on the 2nd of this month. But I've got a Z-pak in the cabinet in just in case.

I just hate being sick. And I hate that I will have to go back to work tomorrow. I'm feeling slightly better today, headache is gone and so far the digestive interruptions seem to have subsided. But my head is still stuffy and I've got a dry cough that is driving me nuts. I won't be able to take the Sudafed after today either, especially with returning to work. It has a tendency to make me dizzy and light headed from time to time and I can't chance that while behind the wheel. So tomorrow is likely to be a challenge. But I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

I'm sorry about the "graphic details" in this blog. I tried to keep them to a minimum.

But anyway.

Life aside is good I suppose. I'm alive and kicking. So that's something, right?

Comments

Truckingtiger said…
Hope you feel better soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up