You're a Bad Mutha - Shut Yo' Mouth

So I worked a total of twelve hours and twenty minutes yesterday. I started my first shift at 4:10 am and finished my last (3rd) shift at 18:30.

The whole day was pretty much smooth sailing, aside from exhaustion from having only gotten about 4 hours of sleep the night before. Until in the last half hour some yahoo decided to try to sh*t on my day.

Dude gets on the bus, he's rude from the get-go. He takes his time paying his and his friends' fare, then takes a seat. I close the door and pull back into traffic. I had to immediately roll down the drivers side window of the bus because the SMELL emanating from the two men was unbearable. I didn't even make it one block before he starts talking to his friend a little too loudly about things that most people would try to whisper about. Then the profanity started.

M'fer this and G'damn that.

The man had serious diarrhea of the mouth. I had a few other passengers on the bus, two of which were elderly ladies. So I cleared my throat and spoke calmly and politely, but loud enough for everyone on the bus to hear....

"Could you please watch your language?"

"B*tch, I'm a 45 year old man. I can talk however the f*ck I want."

"Not on this bus." I said as I pulled over, put the bus in park and opened the door.

"You think I'm gonna get out of this f*cking bus? This b*tch thinks she's gonna kick me off the bus for my f*cking mouth? Ain't no f*cking way, b*tch."

I simply sat there, staring straight ahead, patiently waiting for him to shut the hell up and get off the bus. He kept ranting and raving but it didn't take long before he realized I wasn't gonna move until he got out. So, he continued his tirade and threw a few more curse words at me. He called me some colorful things, but at least he did it while he was exiting the bus.

And THAT is why this job isn't long for my little world. I have the right to respect myself and not subject myself to this sort of abuse. It's sad that the abuse has to occur, but when dealing with the general public I guess it's gonna happen. But being a human and having the whole free-will thing going for me I can made the choice to stay and take it or move on.

I am inclined to move on.

Comments

Belledog said…
Gi-Gi: you handled that really well. Courageous and firm, and the elderly ladies (and other passengers) no doubt appreciated your not standing for that behavior.

Glad to hear you are thinking of switching jobs.

You're extremely talented, and there should be something else out there. Driving or driving-related, even.

I have been wondering from afar if all of the illness is, in part, trying to tell you something.

Cheers. Rooting for you in your next iteration. (And please don't ever take down this blog!!)

Belledog
Anonymous said…
Are you going back to the pumpkin?
The Daily Rant said…
You are the epitome of the word assertive. You stood your ground, you got what you wanted and you helped protect the serenity of the surroundings for yourself and your other passengers.

People today are real assholes. I don't have enough time to list all the ways some people suck. And you'd think at 45 motherf*cking years old, that guy would know how to act. Lowlife.

I'm glad you kicked him off your bus. I would have tipped you on MY way out.

And I'm with Belledog - don't ever stop blogging. We love you!
Unknown said…
Yes - don't ever stop blogging. Haven't read the whole thing yet, but I'm a driver who blogs too. Started mine back in 2008.

In fact, I hope you don't mind that I used some of your pictures in one of my posts - http://amx1047.blogspot.com/2009/05/but-i-cant-slide-tandems-to-rear.html
Gave you full credit.

I'm redoing my blog, so now your pictures will show up in post 81
http://mytruckalogue.blogspot.com/2009/05/post-81.html
of my new blog.

Please let me know if you object!

Take care,
Sherry Collum

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up