Hangin' 'Round

So yesterday I arrived in Rochelle, IL where I shall sit until the wee hours of tomorrow morning when I can leave to deliver the load I'm under. A whole 20 miles from here. Yay. When I arrived yesterday evening, I headed into the truck stop to grab dinner and then wander the store in hopes of scoring something to keep me occupied for what I knew would be a long Sunday.

I found a previously viewed copy of the movie "Twilight" which I had not seen yet. I never understood the hype about it. Probably because it reminded me of the hysteria that surrounded much of the first Harry Potter movie. That, and I guess subconsciously I resisted the temptation to fall prey to the madness.

But I figured that at such a cut rate price and knowing I'd be bored as hell all day today, I figured I'd finally give in and see what it's all about. I knew it was a young adult vampire love story of sorts, so I wasn't expecting much more than just that. And honestly, after watching it, I was pretty well satisfied that it was exactly what I'd expected.

What I didn't expect was to actually like it so well. Now, I'm not gonna run out to the stores and buy up everything "Twilight", but it was a good enough film for me to be content with the money I spent on it. I'm also more curious about the newest edition coming out (or is it already out?) in theatres, "New Moon" I believe it is. Perhaps I'll check it out when I go home, or maybe I'll just wait for it too, to come out in stores and be moved to the cheap rack in the truck stops.

What I really don't get, however, is the swooning phenomenon I've read about over the lead male character, Edward, played by Robert Pattinson. Why are women falling all over themselves over this kid? I don't see what everyone else sees, apparently. Because I don't find him attractive in the least. He's not fugly or anything, but he's certainly no Johnny Depp. ha!

I have even read news reports where there were life size cardboard cut-outs being stolen from retail stores and when the security tape was reviewed, it was revealed that it was GROWN ASS WOMEN perpetration the crimes! WTF? Is he like the hot new fantasy item for cougars or something?

Anyway, the movie was good, I'd give it about three and three quarter stars out of a possible five. If the two main characters didn't come off as social retards, I'd probably give it a full fourth stars. But I never could figure out why they felt that being slack-jawed was a good way to go... ahem, directors, pay attention to Neanderthal stares... it's just freakin' weird!

All in all, good watch.

While I'm critiquing, I might as well give props to Tess Gerritsen, on of my favorite authors, for one of her earlier works titled "Life Support" which I finished reading the other day. I love her stuff.... seriously LOVE IT! I'm anxious for any new stuff she writes to hit book store shelves because I know that when I open the cover I'll be hooked from the first page.

After finishing that book I picked up the book my sister bought me for my birthday this year. This one is by another favorite author, Nicholas Sparks, titled "The Last Song". I'm only about halfway into it but I can already tell it will be a tear jerker by the end. Many people fall in love with Nicholas Sparks' stories, which include "Message in a Bottle", "The Notebook", "A Walk to Remember", and "Nights in Rodanthe", all of which were also turned into feature films.

Well there ya have it. Now I am gonna go read some more and then get ready to hit the bed. Early day tomorrow and a long drive after I've delivered and picked up my next load. Yay. Miles. :oP

Comments

Bijou said…
Hey GiGi,

I just got caught up on your blog. Glad you got Kenny fixed so you don't have to spend anymore time in the motels. Are you dreading winter as much as I am? We got seven inches of snow today with more coming down tonight. Be glad you aren't here!

Waggles,
Bijou
Angela said…
Oh Bijou, it's so great to see you. I just peeked over to your blog and it looks like you and your little brother have been having quite a great time! I haven't seen any snow yet, but I'm sure it won't be long.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic