Goofy

I'm in a goofy mood today. Maybe I'm just giddy knowing I'm merely a day or two away from going home for some R & R. Not that I really need to rest or relax since I've spent so much time in hotels lately. But it will be nice to sleep in my own bed, be at my own house, hang out in my own town, and spend time with people I love.

Yes, that's exactly what has gotten me so very immensely happy.

The truck seems to be running great. Today I paid special attention to a few of the small nuances during the process of shifting to see if they were still occurring. And was surprised to find that none of them appear to have been left behind. Even the clunk from 5th to 6th gear was gone, so far so good.

I'm still on a waiting list, however, for a manual truck. The company has decided to get rid of the remaining autoshifts in the fleet so sometime in the not too distant future I'll be moving out of Kenny and into something else. Here's to hoping that whatever I do end up in isn't worse than this!

Of course, now that I've jinxed myself....hahaha

Well anywho. I'm about to hit the hay. I'm under a load that I will be delivering early in the morning and hopefully by the time I'm unloaded I'll have my next work assignment, which will hopefully get me home.

I'd scheduled my time off to have begun today, but with the breakdown and all, that was pushed out a little by default. I'll be in western Indiana tomorrow morning when I deliver and that puts me about 9 hours from home. So I won't likely get there until sometime on Saturday depending on what sort of load I end up with.

As long as I get home, that's all that counts. Right now I'm just happy as a lark knowing I'm not too much further from home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic