Hotel Living...

is not for me. I've watched too much television. Sat for too many hours in front of my laptop doing pointless crap on the Internet, including getting sucked into buying stuff on eBay! Heck, I even created my first spreadsheet in over two and a half years... to keep track of my monthly bills.

I'm going insane!

I sure hope Kenny gets looked at early tomorrow... and fixed quickly. I don't know if I can tolerate another night in this hotel!!! Send Kenny happy thoughts, okay?

I should have used this time off to do more productive things like start on my great American novel or pumped out a few creative short stories. But nope... I vegged the entire time. I'm almost, but not quite, ashamed of wasting so much precious time. But alas... that's the way it goes.

If I'd had wheels I'd have been out exploring. I was half tempted to rent a car for the weekend but that's just another expense, one I wouldn't get reimbursed for. At least the company is picking up the hotel room tab. That I have to be thankful for. I don't mind paying for one night on my own, but the bill for this stay will be nearly $200 after taxes and such. I definitely want my money back for it, asap.

I just really hope that whatever is wrong with Kenny is fixable. I'd hate to have spent the entire weekend wasting away here for nothing. If he's not repairable, I could have been on my way to a company terminal where I could have already moved into a new truck and been on my merry little way.

I have a feeling that will happen soon, healed Kenny or no. I expressed my frustration at these most recent breakdown events to my boss on Friday so I'm hoping he sticks to his sympathy and his word when he told me he'd find me a new ride as soon as he could. I really dread moving again, but I dread the prospect of spending more time in hotels than driving which would be the likely future should Kenny and I stay together.

So tomorrow I wake, eat what will hopefully be my last free hot hotel breakfast and head back to the dealership to see what the verdict shall be. I'm keeping my rose colored glasses in my purse since I'd rather not go in expecting things to glisten with stardust. Reality bites, but that's life.

Comments

Angela said…
Well I'm scheduled to be available for a load come nine in the morning. I checked on Kenny and he's fixed. Turned out the problem was in a wire between computer and transmission had disconnected and caused the problem. Now, lets hope we get to a new truck before this happens again.
Steve C. said…
Hey GiGi,
good to hear that Kenny is fixed. I was starting to miss your stories. Canada's winters are long, we need some entertainment to get us through!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic