10 Days...

I can't believe after having been absent for 10 days from my blog that there was only one comment to moderate! And it was simply a note wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving. (Thanks June)

I suppose that my previous bitch-fests in regards to being an absentee blogger stuck with some folks. Mission accomplished.

I've been doing much of nothing really. I had three days off and then a crummy first week back to work where I drove a whole 805 miles for the week. This week is off to a fairly decent start, but I don't want to get my hopes up. I am going home next week for a two day stay, during which I plan to use my free time finishing up with Christmas shopping. Although, I did manage to get a good chunk of it knocked out while I was home before.

Of course, I ended up spending more on myself than I should have but hey... I work hard for the money... right?! Plus I needed the new clothes for winter weather, since I am too fluffy to fit into the long sleeved shirts I shouldn't have even worn out in public last winter.

Hmm... lets see what else?

While I was home I fired off a few rounds from my beau's brothers' nine millimeter semi-automatic pistol and learned that my "dainty" wrists can't handled that much action. I also found a spanky hammer-less .38 Special that I believe I will be buying before too long. I guess I will need to find time eventually to take a handgun safety and concealed carry course. Although I'm not going to carry in my truck, I'd like to be able to carry while I'm at home if I so choose to. I can open carry, because the state I live in is one of a few in the country that allows you to blatantly wear a firearm in permitted public areas. As long as it's in full view, it's legal.

I'm still a little nervous around guns anyway, so I doubt that I'll be toting one around with me until I am more comfortable with the idea of it all. I have a huge respect for firearms because they are dangerous, especially in the wrong hands. I firmly believe in the adage that guns don't kill people, people kill people. I don't want to kill anyone, I just wanna blow holes in paper and maybe even a few pieces of fruit! haha I added the latter because of how many dead pumpkins were strewn about the firing range on our last visit.

I never knew there was such pumpkin rage! ha

Anywho. Looking forward to the Holidays and spending time with loved ones. My lil' bro will be coming back from Iraq sometime around the end of December which is freakin' awesome. Plus I am taking a week off starting around New Years. When I come back out on the road after that I'll have the boyfriend in tow, as he wants to finally come out and see what truckin' is all about.

I'm sure we'll have some adventures... *tut-tut* ;o)

In the meantime, I'm just hanging out, driving, reading and spending as little time as possible online. Part of my recent extended absence is due to my iPhone... I can do most of my social networking stuff via Apps on it, so I haven't really had much of a need for my laptop. And I've not really had much to blog about so.... there you have it.

....on a side note I have been concocting some interesting ideas for some short stories and the like... I may find that 2010 could be my year to get busy on the real writing adventure! Who knows!

Comments

Most states allow open carry in public without any permit needed. See maps at OpenCarry.org
Anonymous said…
by the way i'm tx_high_roller
Anonymous said…
good to hear ur still around gi....it's nice 2 have time off...u definately need ur concealed handgun license....i recomend it highly especially for a young lady....have a great 1....
Anonymous said…
I have an Indiana Concealed Carry Permit and I do carry a handgun on the truck. It is a small .380 Ruger LCP. I only carry it on me in states that have reciprocity with my state.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic