Yikes

I didn't imagine when I posted the bloggy with foto's earlier and said "I'd blog soon", that it'd be back in the same day.

But here I am, compelled.

I don't have anything interesting to say, really. Nothing in particular that brought me here to blog. I just felt compelled. Simply compelled.

I suppose I could blog about the tragedy that occurred while I was on vacation this past weekend. I woke up with my friends to learn that one of the greatest comedians of all time passed from this life. I loved George Carlin. I remember getting free tickets to see him perform on stage at the Paramount theatre in Ashland, KY quite a few years ago. I laughed my arse off that night. I then purchased three of his albums and laughed a whole lot more, and frequently.

That's sort of depressing though and I'm not at all interested in focusing on the death of a comedian (RIP George, you'll be F'n missed.)

I suppose I could blog instead, about the fantastic time I had relaxing in the mountains of North Carolina for four days with some of the most awesome people I've ever met off the Internet!

Yep, you read that right. Everyone I spent my days off with (with the exception of my boyfriend and the campground owner) I have met via the Internet. I am just one very small part of a larger whole of a group known as HondaChopper.com. (www.hondachopper.com if you are interested in seeing what it's all about)

There are lots of parties and get together's organized by members of the message board associated with HondaChopper.com. From coast to coast in the US and there are members on a global level as well, with "chopper hedz" in Sweden, Germany, Japan, you name it!

The particular party just attended is known as the World Honda Chopper Meet (WHCM for short), this year being the 8th Annual (I believe). I've gone to the WHCM now for the past 4 years and have always had an awesome time. Heck, last year I won a raffle drawing for a brand new CB750 chopper frame, which I'm now finally accumulating parts to start building my own chopper.

But I digress....

We had a great time this year, as can always be expected with great friends, great food, great brews and long lovely rides through the southern Appalachian Mountains. I didn't want to leave and can't wait to go back next year.

If ya wanna see the pictures I took at the WHCM, you can check 'em out over HERE.

*I know a couple of you freakin' ChopperHedz read this blog, so you've probably already seen them via the board if not, then this is your chance. I wish I'd gotten more pictures of more people, but over the past few years I've become less interested in snapping pictures and more interested in sitting in the mountain stream sipping ice cold brews. Two years ago I took over 600 pictures at the meet.... this year a little less than 100.

And speaking of pictures. I can't wait for winter. When there are NO bug guts to contend with when it comes to snapping foto's through the windshield. Nothing worse than trying to get a great shot through the last memories of some renegade monster bug that was attacking me in it's final stand against humanity. UGH, just nasty.

But in finding the humor in this, I had a bug attack my truck two days ago while I was driving across the great state of Pennsylvania that must've had the biggest bug butt on the planet. The imprint this bug left on my windshield looks just like two butt cheeks. Which are still there until I climb up on the tire and give a little elbow grease to wash it off. The standard squeegee didn't do the job yesterday. ICK.

Bugs are gross. And now I'm gonna rat myself out again. A couple of blogs ago I publicly admitted to my paranoia disorder. Today, I admit to my bug-a-phobia. It's extremely bad. Has been for many moons now. I can't quite place the exact point in my life that bugs became a genuine fear of mine. I remember well playing with all sorts of creepy crawlies when I was a young lass.

But to see a bug, even a dead bug, today makes me shiver, get queasy, a little lightheaded, near nausea, and then some. It's straight up negative physical reaction. Hell even thinking about bugs gives me the jitters. *shiver*

I honestly keep trying to work on it. I've grown a lot in my bug-a-phobia issues in the past few years. I can tolerate small spiders, very small spiders. I can tolerate ants and mosquitoes and small insects like that. I'm not looking to play with them or hang out with them or keep them as pets, mind you. But I can tolerate them.

However, there are other bugs that send my stomach into my throat, cause my palms to sweat and my heart to race uncontrollably at even the sight of a picture of them. One such bug that I've experienced in person is a Dobson Fly. OMFG that thing is GROSS. One, it's huge; two it flies; three the female species has pinchers; four... oh hell you get the picture. Google it... trust me... it's gross.

I just can't handle bugs. I don't know why. I really don't want to make friends with them, but I'd like to get over the physical reaction I have to them. For one reason alone... I know eventually I'm going to be alone on the road and some huge f'n bug is gonna invade my truck space and I'm either going to pass out, puke, or abandon my truck completely until I find someone willing to get rid of it.

Once, I sat on my couch with my feet drawn up and a constant peering eye on a closed door after I found that the room behind it was infested with roaches. It was military housing and the laundry room had access inside and outside of the house, and it hadn't been used in about a week (I was a lazy house wife). During that time roaches made it their home, gaining access from the outside door. I found the infestation at about 10am while my husband was at work. He didn't get home until much later, after dark as I recall. And I'd not moved from my post after I shut the door and barricaded it with rolled up towels.

Fear kept me from moving. I just knew if I left or got up I would be overcome with roaches. Completely irrational, I know. But that's part of my bug-a-phobia.... the completely irrational fear that the bugs are somehow out to get me. *sad isn't it*

I think we bought about 8 bug bombs that night at the local Wal-Mart and set them off and headed either to a friends house or to a hotel. I can't remember exactly but I wasn't going back until I knew every bug in that place was DEAD.

One of the next military houses we lived in was invaded by a plague of crickets. Roaches are gross... crickets are friggin' nasty acrobats with superbug powers.

But that's another blog...

I'm tired and I need to get some rest before I have to roll out in the morning bound for bitchin' Beloit, WI. yee haww... bring on the cheese!

Comments

The18Wheeler said…
I had no clue you were a hard-core biker. In a gang, nonetheless! A pirate gang! Wow, this changes everything!

(Not really)
Angela said…
A pirate gang... that's helarious! But we always joke that we're part of an "internet biker gang" and that we ride "virtually" all the time. LMFAO

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up