UGH!

Seriously... WTF is up with the weather this year? Is it just that I'm traveling and therefore being exposed to it more than just seeing it in a news broadcast? Or is this just a really active severe weather year?

Today I was delayed for nearly two and a half hours in St. Louis. Partly due to construction, partly due to standard Friday afternoon congestion, and partly due to morons wrecking in the rain. While I was creeping along a 27 or so mile stretch of interstate I was pounded and pummeled by hail, rain, insane winds, and the threat of yet more tornado's. Thank GAWD I was only driving about 4 MPH the whole time and therefore visibility never became an issue.

But c'mon... it's gettin' old!

Now of course, I'm headed to Florida, aka the Sunshine State. But will it be sunny? Probably.. and also like 100 frickin' degrees.

I wish I could create my own planet where it is always a perfect 76 degrees with limited humidity and a soft gentle breeze. Ok, so maybe I can't really do that with an entire planet... maybe just a bio-sphere. I knew I should have bid on the Bio-Dome out west when it was up for sale a few years ago! haha

But anywho.

I was listening to the radio about a week ago, when I heard the most helarious thing. Actually, it was more strange than funny. It was a spot promo for a summer camp for the mentally and physically handicapped. They were talking about how wonderful it is for everyone involved and how every year it's bigger and better, etc. It was heartwarming really.

Until they decided to try enticing people to participate with the "entertainment" lineup for one particular night.

There would be a Police Officer with a K-9 dog doing tricks. Not so bad, people of all kinds love dogs. But what was wierd was that another Officer of the Law was going to be tazed as part of the entertainment. How is that entertainment for the mentally/phsically handicapped?

I think it's horrible to think of even doing that for a group of thug kids attending boot camp. How is this considered even in the least bit entertaining?!

Ok, now I have to admit if I were hanging out with friends who happend to have a tazer and we were say... blind stinking drunk... it might be funny to see someone get zapped. But that's about the only time I feel like it's even remotely okay to be used as a form of "entertainment".

Am I wrong?!

Anywho. I really wish I could figure out WTF is wrong with the world today. I was taking a meal at a Huddle House resturant this evening and FOX NEWS was on the boob tube hanging from the ceiling. They were reporting on a story about a 79 yr. old man who was a hit and run victim today in Connecticut. Apparently the guy was walking across the street, was struck by a car and left for dead in the middle of the busy street. Not even passersby would bother to stop and see if they could help.

Nope... all those bastards just walked on by without a care in the world. Apparently someone anonomously called 9-1-1 and the guy was eventually "rescued". But not before he wound up paralyzed from the neck down.

I mean, really.... how F'd up can you be to just keep driving/walking by and not at least attempt to help. People suck.

I'm about to start really going off and I really shouldn't because I might offend a lot of my readers. So I think that with my better judgement I shall close this blog before I speak too loudly.

Anywho... don't be a dumbass... and have a good night!

Comments

Terry said…
Um, I think you are just in the wrong place at the wrong time, ALOT! I left all my tornadoes at home and have not experienced any nasty weather while out Truckin around.

As for Florida.... those people really freak out when it rains. They will slam on the brakes for two raindrops, and it rains at least once a day, so be careful.
The Daily Rant said…
I'm with you on the weather - it has been pretty crazy lately. We've been in Canada for two weeks and came back to tornado warnings in the mid-west.

We shut down for the night in Iowa the other night because Des Moines had tornado warnings. Turned out we only got some heavy rain and high winds, but we weren't too keen on driving into a twister!

Be safe on the road!

Salena
The Daily Rant
www.bellavenere.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up