What did I do?

Somehow I've exhaused my Karma.

I'm currently sitting in a hotel room in.... yep... you guessed it... TEXAS.

I had a good morning, I got a good start. I picked up my empty, headed over to get my load. Backed into a dock that upon first sight frightened me to death. But I nailed it and surprised myself, smiling all the while. I got loaded in about an hour, two hours less than anticipated and was on the road towards home.

I made it 68 miles to where I was going to scale my load to make sure I had my weight distributed properly when my good day came screeching to a halt. The air system on my truck jacked up and after applying the brakes several times and setting the air brakes to park... I ended up stuck... unable to move. Blocking a fuel pump at a truck stop.... for over 6 hours.

Seems the air dryer or the air compressor fried itself and rendered me unable to do move. So I called Emergency Maintenance (EM). I sat on hold for 45 minutes then got disconnected, never speaking to a single person. I then called my management board and explained my situation to them and they got me connected EM quicker than me sitting on hold for another 45 minutes.

They sent out a roadside repair man to try to fix the problem. He worked for about 2 hours, but to no avail. He finally threw up his hands and said "Lil' lady I'm calling a wrecher to take you back to the company yard."

...whatever.

So I sat and waited. And waited... 5pm the guy with the wrecker finally shows up and gets hooked up and we're rolling again. Albeit not the way I wanted to be rolling. He was a nice fella though, we had great conversation and that made the day a little better. He delivered me and my truck to the company yard safe and sound and a little happier.

I went to the shop to find out an ETA on getting the truck in the shop and all that jazz. Looks like it's gonna be moved into a bay by 10 am tomorrow and hopefully done by at least 4pm.

For right now, I'm at the company approved hotel in Dallas enjoying free high speed internet and cable TV. The bed is calling for me too. But I'm going to stay up kinda late tonite so I can sleep in. That way when my truck is ready to go... I'm ready to go. I'm gonna try to make it to Memphis tomorrow night. Where I had hoped to be tonite. Thing positive thoughts for me. Please.

Well anywhoodles, I'm gonna get going for now. I have a movie I want to watch and some much needed chillin' out to accomplish. I'll blog more later!

Toodles!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Texas has a hold on you! Good luck in dealing with the Dallas shop. I refuse to have any kind of work done there. They are "Forrest Gump" slow. Is the approved hotel still the LaQuinta off of I-30? If so, don't go wandering around after dark. Not a great neighborhood. Hope all is better later today!
Anonymous said…
WOW GiGi. This is an awesome blog for me. Inspiration!! Keep your chin up out there! A year from now you'll look back and laugh...:) Thanks for the info - good AND bad!!!

I read this and thought you'd like it - - -

Don't drive faster that your guardian angel can fly
Anonymous said…
Gi-Gi,
I guess that Karma got put into savings account, rather than your debit card account ..eh? :)

....come to think of it, hmmm; maybe it was that wrecker dude...eh ?

Sure enjoy your stories, Gi-Gi.
Hope you get home soon for a visit with all your loved ones.

Thanks for being there,

Virgil

P.S. I lived in Houston for about 7 months in 1969-70 so I know how you feel about Texas !
Angela said…
I'm so glad you guys are enjoying reading my blog.

Oh and the Dallas shop worked miracles for me. I was back on the road by noon the next day.

And the approved hotel for Dallas is now a Comfort Inn about 20 miles away... in a fairly shady neighborhood, but it was a really nice hotel.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up