Burnin’ Daylight

The sun is slowly setting. I've been sitting here at the Sullivan, MO Flying J truck stop since about 4pm, but it feels like it's been much longer than that. I had a quick bite to eat, browsed the movie section and bought two, at $3.99 each! Score... I'll be settling in in a bit to watch one of them at least, "Encino Man". Yes, the great 90's flick with Brendan Frasier and Pauley Shore. I love those guys... but I am a great cheese freak. I was making a mental list of movies I wanna search for from the 80's and 90's as I was driving today.

I'd like to get most of the John Candy collection eventually. Flicks like "The Great Outdoors" and "Summer Rental". Those were great.

Anywho. So I last blogged from the hotel in Indy. Since then I drove to Wisconsin where I stayed the night at a truck stop in Black River Falls. Beautiful place by the way. Then drove to Menomonee, WI where I made my delivery and turned tail to the east to pick up a new load in Biron, WI. That was a stinky adventure, as I was picking up a load of rolled paper, thus it was at a paper mill. Have you ever smelled a paper mill? I suggest that if you are given the opportunity... run away, run away!

Foul. UGH

So I got that load and ended up making it about a hundred miles before I was pooped and stopped for the night at Windsor, WI just north of Madison. From there, this morning, I drove here to Sullivan, Missouri. I have a bout 450 miles to drive tomorrow to deliver my load in Oklahoma City, OK. This should be fun. I will drive for probably 8 hours and then sit at the consignee to get unloaded for about three hours then have maybe an hour to find a place to sleep for the night. Fun. NOT.

But I do have the fact that I'll get to go home for two days this coming weekend to look forward to and to keep me going. I miss home, some days more than others. *sigh*

Sorry, I'm feeling awfully melancholy today. I was going through some major nostalgia while listening to my MP3 player today, I'd loaded up some of my older stuff which just flooded my mind with memories of days gone by.

....but I'm starting to sound depressing... so let me pick it up a notch.

Last night while I was chillin' out in Windsor, WI I realized I was parked right next to "Mousehaus Cheesehaus". I'd seen this place twice before passing by on the highway and always wondered what was inside. And I ended up spending some serious dough on rotten milk... er... cheese for my loved ones. This place was a hoot. There was a GIANT mouse sitting atop the building holding a wedge of swiss cheese smiling so creepily that I actually got the shivers when I looked at it initially. I went in and the place was staffed with 3 teenagers who were overly friendly and sticking to me, every move I made. It was wierd... maybe they knew I was not in the mood to be bothered and were thus bothering me for shits and giggles or they were just freakish Wisconsin kids who wanted to try to make a sale before closing time. But it really freaked me out. LOL

Anywho....I did end up spending money, a little more than I'd planned, since this place is supposed to sell some of Wisconsin's finest cheese. I also scored a nice freshly prepared ham and swiss sandwich which was delightful to say the least. So it wasn't all that bad... I just had to make sure that when I left I didn't look back up at the creepy giant mouse.

Well that's all I have for you now folks... I'm going to go get a shower and then get ready to watch "Encino Man" before bedtime. Much love....

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know where you were last night. I grew up just north of there in Lodi. I have a dear friend wo works in the lumber yard next to Maus Haus. good stuff there. Keep blogging as my wife and I are going to be hitting the road early next year. Thanks. Jim
Anonymous said…
Gi-Gi-
The Biron mill is a bleaching mill and yes, it does stink. I pulled out of there Saturday morning with a load to Chalfont, PA, via Gary OC.
Next time you are through WI, stop at the Shell/Golden Express TS at Osseo (I-94 @ U.S.10)go in the store and they have a cheese case. Grab a couple Bucky Badger sharp cheddar cold packs. Awesome! Drive safe!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up