Bad Decisions....

I should've known better. My brain was sending up smoke signals... Warning! Warning! Danger! Do NOT pass Go, Do NOT collect $100. But did I listen? No.

So there I was standing at the counter of the Flying J "Magic Dragon" viewing my choices of un-authentic, industrialized pseudo chinese food. A young man with a name tag that read "Ahmed" asked me if I needed a moment or if I was ready to order. I felt pressured... I had been ogling the entrees at the "Magic Dragon" for a few minutes, even though deep down inside I knew I should probably stick with pizza or something off the convenience store shelves instead. But the mounting pressure I felt to order or get lost caused me to spit out an order for "Fried Rice, General Tso's Chicken and one eggroll to go, please."

I was done for.

I knew it.

But I'd committed and was already fishing for money in my pocket. Stoopid, Gi-Gi. Just stoopid. I just didn't have any idea what I'd really set myself up for. Until I made it back to my truck to sit down to eat my pseduo chinese meal.

I should've at least asked for chopsticks. Or for someone to cut out my tongue.

Yes.

It was THAT bad.

I knew it would be. That little voice in my head told me it would be. But sometimes I like to give that little bugger a ball gag and just do what I want. Stoopid, Gi-Gi.... just plain stoopid. I may never learn!!!

If you have a weak stomach, please skip to the next paragraph. As I will simply, but effectively describe what I tasted upon my first bite of my General Tso's Chicken dinner- ala Flying J in 3, 2, 1.... Chicken smothered in BBQ sauce, vomit, and ketchup. Just imagine it if you will....

Now that you're either gagging or thanking GAWD you didn't read the whole last paragraph.... let me tell you that the only thing even partially edible in my pseudo chinese meal was the eggroll. And even that had some somewhat questionable substances and flavors to it. I swear it had sausage instead of just plain pork in it.

But anywho.

I've survived thus far. Only time will tell if my stomach will survive. Due to the fact that it's a long freaking walk in the cold back to the main building and the fact that I was starving like some Ethiopian child I managed to eat most of it. Of course, I kept a thrilling conversation with Luke Skywalker about the origins of Jabba the Huts' species going in my head to distract my mouth from actually tasting what was rolling around in there as I chewed.

We'll see what morning brings.

I wish I could post this blog right now as I'm typing it. But alas, another day without internet access... Perhaps tomorrow.

Thanks for reading. I love you all dearly...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up