Follow the Yellow Cheese Road

Greetings, on my way back to Wisconsin. I made my delivery, early actually, in Oklahoma City yesterday and spent the night in a rinky dink truck stop on the outskirts of town. I did get to enjoy a nice dinner at a Sonic resturant where the waitress actually wore her roller skates and served me very gracefully and graciously. I had to give her a fairly good tip since she did don the skates. I noticed that she was the only one wearing them. And she moved like she lived in them. Which, perhaps she did. One just never knows.

So anywho. I made my way here to Joplin, Missouri take my 10 hr DOT break before I hit the road once more to finish out my trip to Wisconsin. This time I'm going to Tomah, WI. I passed it on the way to Menomonee the other day. Actually the facility I am delivering to is right off the interstate and I recall seeing it as I drove thru there. So I don't think I'll have any problem finding my way back.

Not really looking forward to going back into that colder climate though. It was beautiful down in Oklahoma, a nice brisk 70 degrees yesterday and a fair night in the upper 40's, I think it was. But I'll take what I can get. I can't complain too much since I've yet to encounter the dreaded white stuff.... but it won't be long I'm sure. I am really not looking forward to ice skating on 18 wheels. I have a feeling I should invest in some adult diapers so that when I am in really bad weather I don't have to worry about ruining a pair of perfectly good panties.

*giggle* Just kidding of course...or am I? *evil giggle*

While I was sitting at the shipper in Oklahoma City yesterday and I got a message on my Qualcomm from my new management team asking me to give them a call. So I did... and I have a really good feeling about my new "Board".

The head honcho seems like a really likable guy who seemed to have 1) a sense of humor 2) a level realistic head on his shoulders 3) much more flexible expectations on some of the things that are important to me as a driver and 4) a nice phone voice! haha Ok so that last one doesn't make a whole world of difference other than that it will make it easier to talk to him on the phone without cringeing at the sound of his voice. Some people just sound horrid on the phone! haha

We discussed a few things and got our first "nice to meet ya - gettin' to know ya" converstation out of the way. I also gently reminded him (in case he hadn't read through my history on the computer) that I was supposed to be going home this weekend for two days of Time At Home (TAH). He said he hadn't gotten that far yet (as this is my first day on his Board). I had already received messages on my Qualcomm for my next load (the one I picked up this afternoon) and was doing a little trip planning before I had called him. So I let him know that the load had me in WI, 10 hours away from home for Thursday the 8th... my TAH was due to start on the 9th.

I told him I really wanted the miles but I was concerned about getting home on time. He said, "Ok we have two options here. Our first big decision together. Are you ready? Option one, you can say M. I would prefer to be taken off this load and given one that gets me closer to home so I can be with my loved ones come Friday afternoon or.... Option two, you can say M. I will take this load, but I want you to get me routed towards home as soon as I drop it off in Wisconsin."

I chose option number two. Why? Because of the great milage. As a truck driver my paycheck depends primarily on milage. The more miles I run in a week the bigger my paycheck is going to be. This load is going to pay me nearly 900 miles... that's roughly $300 before taxes. I will take $300 first... and go home second. Plus, to get home I'll probably get another load which will deliver in either OH or KY... at least 3-400 miles worth of pay dirt! hehe

Am I boring you yet?

I do want to say a quick thank you to anyone reading this. I have had a few of my friends and readers comment on how much they enjoy reading my blogs. I admit that this is very flattering, but at the same time I think that most of you are crazy for wanting to read my long winded fingertip strokes going on and on about my life on the road. I mean, I'm thoroughly enjoying my adventures and I really truly do enjoy writing about them. I guess I just never dreamt that other people would get so into reading about it.

And for my regular readers, new readers, future readers... here's a HUGE THANK YOU for taking time out of your day to read about mine.

((((HUGS for EVERYONE)))) ahhh isn't that better?

.... by the way I was taking a shower at the Flying J in Sullivan, MO the other night and they had this disposable bath mat for you to step out of the shower on and it was covered in "Strange Facts". Wierd, but whatever. I thought it was just funny how I used a word which was the source of one of those strange facts just a moment ago.

Did you know that the word "Dreamt" is the only word in the English language that ends in "MT"??

I'll leave you to ponder that and search your dictionaries for hours on end looking for any other word ending in "MT" (which you will not find) I do thank you again for reading my words. I look forward to giving you more to read in the future! But until then... *muah*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up