Back To It....

Hmm...where to begin. I suppose I should get the bitching out of the way first thing....

I realized the other day while looking at my pay stub from my week in Canada that I got majorly ripped off. They didn't pay me for neary 450 miles because the dumbass I dealt with during my "single lane dirt road" incident didn't put something in the computer right and basicially it looked like I never drove from Leval to Cobden and then Cobden to L'Assomption. So I called my manager, while she's still my manager, and asked if there was anything she could do and what I could do in the future to prevent this sort of thing from happening. I hope she can do something... that's like $150.00 I didn't get paid.

Ok, so you're probably wondering what I meant when I just said "while she's still my manager". Well... here it goes. I was so happy when a couple weeks ago I was notified that I'd be back with my original manager because of "restructuring". I had been with C. since the beginning of my employment with this company, on her "0-90 Day Newbie Board". Once I hit my 90 days, however, I was switched to a new manager and Board. That lasted for about a week and a half. Then I received a message on my Qualcomm that I would be back with C. I was thrilled! She and I really connected and I feel like we really could be straight forward with each other which is nice.

Upon returning to my truck from my time at home this past weekend I found a message letting me know that I was going to be moved to a new managment board out of Carlisle, PA instead of Indy where I'm currently managed from. I'm not happy about it, but I just have to deal with it. I'm going to miss C. and the crew. But I promised them that everytime I was in Indy I'd stop in and say hello! (which of course I am here in Indy right now and they're all already gone for the day... but I digress)

I came back to work after the weekend on Tuesday Oct. 30th. I drove from home to basically Parkersburg, WV to get a load and then headed straight for Lancaster, SC. I think this was the first load I've ever picked up and delivered in the same day that was over 100 miles between points A and B. I drove a total of 485 miles! Shew...it was exhausting!

Next I picked up a load in Clinton, SC and headed for Menomonee, WI. It's a nice long run! It was also a nice long wait at the shipper in Clinton yesterday which was a major headache. I was told that I had an appointment time of 1:30pm. I didn't feel like sitting around in the "hood" I'd taken my break in so I got on the road and figured that if I got there early they'd be able to work me in early....perhaps. You just never know! So anyway... I got to the shipper in Clinton at 11:40am and went to check in at the shipping office. Where I was informed that I was 10 minutes late for my appointment and that I'd have to wait in line to be worked in.

WHAATT?

I was in shock... and I'm sure the look on my face showed said shock.

Apparently my appointment was at 11:30am and for some retarded ass reason the good folks over at freight brokering jacked it up somehow. They told the dispatchers that all of our appointments at that particular shipper for that day were two hours later than they were actually supposed to be. There were many pissed off drivers waiting to be loaded as other trucks from other companies came and went in short time.

As I said... I got there at 11:40.... I got completely loaded and rolled out of the parking lot at 7:00 pm. Freaking ludacris!

But anywho... I got about two hours into the trip last night before I shut down at a rest area in NC. I'd have gone further but the interstate going north bound was shut down just across the NC TN border and I wasn't about to sit in traffic for three hours.

So today I drove from just south of Asheville, NC to here in Indy. I'm shacked up at the hotel for my 10 hr DOT break and I'm currently waiting for room service.

You know, I'm probably one of the most self spoiled truck drivers I know...... seriously. And I LOVE IT!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up