Damnit Texas

Can't someone do something about me having to be in Texas?

I went to Pharr, TX this morning. No one there spoke english. When I arrived at the place I was to deliver my load I found about 12 "spaniards" standing in the drop lot watching a guy in one big rig drive around in circles in the lot TOWING another big rig (just the tractors mind you). There were two guys in the front seat of the tractor being towed by a very rickety and rusty chain just a'hooting and hollering like they were at the carnival on the most thrilling ride of their lives. It was strange... very strange.

I made my drop and got the hell out of there.

I made it about an hour south of San Antonio (home of the Alamo) with an empty trailer which I will drop in exchange for a loaded trailer that someone else left at a lot in Converse, TX. I will take that load a whopping 16 miles to the place where the delivery is to be made. I will be "live" unloaded which means I will take a nap or watch a movie in the bunk while the trailer is being unloaded. Then, hopefully I will get an assignment that will get me out of the state of Texas either tomorrow evening or first thing Wednesday morning.

I am supposed to be going home for TAH (time at home) this weekend. My last day of work is SUPPOSED to be Thursday with my TAH starting Friday. But I have a feeling I won't even be getting to WV until Saturday.

Which will piss me off because I hate to have to change my plans that I've already made for this weekend. I'm supposed to meet my sister and the kids in SA to watch the Christmas Parade and then N8 and I are going to our friends' Greg and Darcie's for dinner.

I really hope I am homeward bound tomorrow nite.

Well anywho. I hope all is well out there. I'm tired and in need of rest. I have a few other things to do before I get to go to sleep, so I'd better get moving.

Much luv....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, c'mon, Texas isn't that bad. Have you been to Laredo yet? If you get a load assignment to pick up out of Laredo, always, I MEAN, ALWAYS have extra grommets for the trailer glad hands. Mexicans love to take them when they drop trailers from Mexico. Don't know why, some strange fascination. Also, keep some extra tailights and marker lights on hand. Pedro & Company love those too! Regarding your TAH: Welcome to trucking. I went through the same thing and it does suck. But, after a while you learn how to do things on spur of the moment when you are home. I think this is a reason why so many get out of the business. Things will get better for ya!
Angela said…
Not yet had the pleasure of Laredo. I'm sure it'll happen eventually. I'm still hoping to get further north and east today after my delivery.

Thanks for reading!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up