Week One - CDL Learners Permit Test Take One

I took my lunch and headed up to the DMV. I entered and was wisked into the testing room right away. I was hurried in so swiftly in fact, that I forgot to tell them I only wanted to do the first portion of the tests needed for my permit... because I'd not even started to study for the individual CDL endorsements (doubles/triples & tankers) yet.

So I get to my testing station and place all my crap in the floor beside me and take a huge deep breath and starting navigating through the touch screens and instructions. I started to get nervous when I saw that I was indeed taking ALL of the tests instead of just the basics. Dang! But I quickly calmed down and commenced the test taking.

I did really well on the General Knowledge, Air Brakes, and Combination tests, which are the three basic tests by the way. Then I began the Doubles/Triples endorsement test. Surpisingly... I passed it with flying colors! Then came the Tankers test. I was feeling good at this point. Probably too good... perhaps a wee bit too confident. And I started through the questions, answering the ones that required only simple common sense to answer. But the rest of them were quite difficult and I found myself with a huge flashing "Fail" screen before I knew it.

I wasn't bummed though, because heck, I'd not even glanced at those pages in my CDL manual yet! And I think I did pretty well considering!

So there you have it so far so good. I'll go back next week and retake the Tanker section and pass it the second go around. Then I'll be a full fledged legally licensed Truck Driver in waiting! haha I'll have to remember to look nice next week so my picture is pretty!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for your posts! I start training tommorrow and you have given me some valualbe insight.

Jeff
Learners permit said…
Good information. Thanks for these very good article. I kept on nodding with the every word you say.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Mmm...Jello