x-mas eve

Fatigue and exhaustion is taking it's toll. My whole body aches beyond the point of tolerance. I slept for a solid 10 hours and if it weren't for my back screaming in pain, I'd go back for a few more hours. I may still yet nap today.

I called in sick late last night. I hated to do it, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. And since I know people I work with will read this, I will apologize for the inconvenience which my absence today has created. But with the absolute exhaustion I'm dealing with (as I know many of my coworkers are too) I just can't justify risking the lives of so many today.

I'll not be spending this day with my family nor friends. I will certainly not be spending it in any form of actual merriment. I will be taking regularly scheduled doses of Tylenol, sitting to rest when my body screams for me to do so, using ice packs when and where needed. I will likely nap at least once, maybe even twice between bursts of minute activity.

I don't expect this day to be enjoyed. And I truly do feel terrible for having called in. But I also feel that had I not, this x-mas eve could have had disastrous consequences.

So on that note I bid thee good tidings.

Comments

Belledog said…
GiGi: I hope you are feeling better. Definitely something going around here in central Virginia.

Happy holidays, and may you be celebrating them soonest.

Belledog
june in florida said…
Happy New year GiGi.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic