Facebook Punked

So I'd been posting my happy little heart out for all my friends and family to see on Facebook. I thought some of my posts were pretty clever. Some were downright awesome. But I kept wondering why only one friend was "liking" or commenting on them.

Today I found out that it was because some how I'd managed to set my status updates to a custom setting where only that particular friend had the privilege of seeing what I posted. I fixed it and went thru and changed the viewablity of a majority of the posts so that my followers could catch up.

Apparently this happened either on the 8th or 9th of this month so there has been nearly a week that has passed since my last public posting. And it was just today that a friend of mine sent me a message asking me if I was okay. I was confused by this because as I said I'd been posting my happy little heart out, multiple times a day every day.

Of course now that I posted about what happened, folks on my friends list are all like "wow I wondered why you'd been so quiet lately".

Too funny.

But I still have to wonder how it happened in the first place. I do most of my Facebooking from the app on my iPhone. After making this discovery today I was playing with the app trying to figure out how it happened. But for the life of me I can't. It's not as if a simple single slip of the thumb would have caused it. I'd have had to have done some fairly specific steps to have accomplished the task of setting up a custom, one friend only setting. So I dunno. I may never know.

But it's all fixed now. But I do seriously feel like I've been Facebook Punked.

Comments

Truckingtiger said…
Add me to FB, GiGi...look for Allen Smith Marietta, Ga!
ldimes4 said…
The same thing happened to a friend of mine here in the UK, except hers somehow changed to be viewable only to her. She only posts from her computer, so the problem might be related to Facebook and not necessarily something you did on your iPhone.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic