Like an Addict, Man....

So I've got a lot to say today. I would have put all of these tales into one post but where would the fun be in that?

Exactly.

I was planning my grocery shopping for the week, putting items into the handy iPhone app I downloaded for keeping track of shopping lists. I was opening and closing the fridge, the cabinets, and scanning what shelves we use to store food stuffs trying to get a good idea of what we needed versus what I was just gonna get anyway. I was planning a menu item that I didn't want to buy stuff for that I already, too, so the double and triple checking was essential for my "budget".

*as if I actually keep a budget, I just try not to buy stuff I've already got like I did last time around wherein we ended up with TWO 18 packs of eggs.

So I was making my list and checking it twice. I asked the husband what he wanted or needed. I inputted the items into the app as he listed them. I then remembered that there were these delicious little treats my sister-in-law had put into my birthday basket she had given me last month. The basket was full of goodies for me to use and/or consume, the Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters being the item I was remembering at that precise time.

I added them the list on the app and closed it, eager to head out to run errands and stop by the grocery store. As we completed our tasks one by one I kept thinking about the Dreamy Clusters and how darn tasty they were. A nearly perfect mixture of chocolate, caramel and cripsy rice that is low calorie and nearly guilt free.

When we finally arrived at the grocery store it was looking like it was about to pour buckets of rain so after making the husband move the car to a parking spot closer to the exit door (which was an ordeal) we were finally in and on the prowl for the items on my iPhone apps' list.

We managed to stick to the list pretty well, only picking up a few extras along the way. As we made our way down certain aisles I kept an eye out for the Skinny Cow treats. Only... every aisle I thought they would be in was void of them. Not in the cookie/cracker/candy aisle. Not in the cereal/breakfast bar/granola bar aisle. Not even in the gummy snax/potato chips/popcorn aisle. I made an unnecessary trip down the cake/icing/yummy baking goodness aisle too just to make sure they weren't there. I was, of course, tempted by all sorts of deliciously bad for you items in this last aisle, especially the pumpkin pie and chocolate cake mixes.

Defeated, having searched every possible aisle in the store, we went to the check out counter without any Dreamy Clusters.

Our next stop, however, was a drug store that I thought just might have them. Of course, they didn't. I was starting to get upset. I'd been thinking about these darn snacks all day now, dreaming about their chocolatey, cripsy, caramely goodness. I had to find them. Just had to.

It was bordering on obsession at this point. We got what we needed from the drug store and headed home to unload the spoils of our shopping. As I put things away the hubby got prepared for school which he's attending full time evening classes at and to which I had to then take him to after everything was stowed away.

I dropped him off and headed to another grocery store in search of the Clusters. I was on a definite mission at this point. They would be found, if I had to drive all the way through the valley going from store to store. Of course I came up empty handed at the second grocery store. After having made a stop by the bank to deposit some money I made my way over to a third grocery store where finally I found what I was looking for. I snatched up several boxes, probably drooling a little as I made my way to the check out counter.

Once I was out in the car I sighed a heavy sigh and felt relief that I'd finally found them and had them in my possession. It was almost like I was out hunting for a score as a crack addict. I just needed one hit, man. Just one. I'd go all over the place for just one hit.

And it was then that I realized that I was pathetic but that it was all my sister-in-law's fault that I was hooked on Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters. Dammit.

Comments

The Daily Rant said…
I have done the very same thing when I can't find something I like. For a while, it was Cafe Bustelo Instant Espresso coffee...my friend bought it for me in a Dominican Bodega in her Queens neighborhood of Flushing, NY. You know, those little places that have a little bit of everything - some of the jars and cans have dust on them, while others are sold out.

I couldn't find it anywhere else in the country - I had to have her mail it to me. But when I find something I like, and it's not all that perishable, I stock up.

Those clusters look totally yummy - and only 120 calories - how can one not love the Skinny Cow?!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up