Excitment followed by disappointment.

The other day my husband and I were out and about running errands during one of my split shift breaks. We headed downtown to pay our City fees. On the way out of the City office I noticed something in the vending machine across the hall from the door we had just exited. There was a bag of Reese's Pieces that had gotten stuck mid-vend. My mind instantly revved up with excitement.

"Honey, give me a dollar and a quarter."

"No."

"Please?!"

"Why?"

"See that bag of Reese's Pieces? If I put the money in and select that same thing, we'll get a free bag!"

"No, you won't. C'mon let's go."

"But puuuulllleeezze! I just know we'll get that bag and the one behind it. For only a buck twenty-five! C'mon, pretty please? It's only a dollar twenty-five honey. I know you got it."

"You're insane."

"Pretty please. (batting eye lashes and putting on pouty face) I really wanna see if we can get a free bag."

"Ugh, fine. Here."

And giddy as can be I held my hand out for the money, then excitedly put the money into the vending machine and punched the numbers for the Reese's Pieces. I bounced a little as I watched the swirly thing start to move, releasing the first bag nearly instantly. I stopped bouncing when the swirly thing stopped moving and left the bag behind it dangling as precariously as the first, taunting me.

I was about as deflated as I've ever been. I thought for sure we'd get a two-fer. But no. Stupid machine ripped me and the person before me and probably the person after me off.

The funny thing is I didn't really want a bag of Reese's Pieces. It's not a candy I prefer when given the choices that were available in a vending machine such as this was. I'd much rather have spent $1.25 on M&M's or a Twix bar. But seeing that one bag stuck there like that just sucked me right in.

The other funny thing is that the bag is still sitting on the kitchen counter, unopened.

I really have to be in the mood for Reese's Pieces.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up