That Lil' Rascal

I had a bus load, nearly every seat was taken and as I made my way down the road I noticed a gentleman with a motorized wheelchair waiting at the next bus stop.

As I approached the stop I noticed that it was a rather large motorized wheelchair. After I came to a stop, set the parking brake and deployed the lift, I noticed the distinct Rascal logo on the wheelchair. The man in the "drivers' seat" of the Rascal smiled at me nicely as he made his way up the ramp and handed me his fare.

Then the trouble started. Being that his Rascal was so large, it was difficult to maneuver into the bus. He got himself into a bit of a predicament when trying to make the corner turn from the ramp into the aisle.

As the other passengers began to rumble and grumble at the man and his big ol' Rascal in a jam, the man himself began to grumble at his situation. Time ticked on as he made a few more failed attempts to break free of the corner he was stuck in. Finally with a huff he stands up, climbs around to the back of the Rascal and then LIFTS the wheelchair, wheeling it around on its front wheels and getting it unstuck.

Yes folks. I said he LIFTED the wheelchair. A Rascal, which by my uber quick Google research on the matter shows that a model similar to his own weighs around 200 lbs. He "needs" a mobility device like a Rascal but can LIFT it like it's nothing?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Mmm...Jello