Poof, He's Gone!

I was driving a lone passenger today, he was engrossed in his cell phone, sitting in a seat that was nearly dead center on my passenger mirror. The passenger mirror is mounted in such a way as to allow me to see nearly all of my passengers with a quick glace up and to my right.

As I rolled along towards the final destination, I made occasional glances in my passenger mirror to check on my solitary rider. Occasionally he'd look up and smile back at me then bow his head once more to do whatever it was he was doing on his phone.

The two of us had quite a long ride together. I'd gotten quite used to seeing his reflection as I scanned my mirrors. Then suddenly... I looked up to check on him once more, and poof!

He was gone?!?!

I craned my neck to see if he'd perhaps fallen into the floor. My mind instantly went into overdrive thinking of the possible scenarios; he's having a seizure; he's having a heart attack; he's had a stroke or aneurysm....

I chanced a glance over my shoulder to see where the man might have ended up since he was no longer visible in his seat. I expected to see him on the floor. I was startled to find him seated in the front right seat smiling at me like the Cheshire cat.

We both shook our heads and laughed. He asked me what was going through my mind when I realized he was no longer in my line of view. I told him I thought for sure I'd missed the second coming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Mmm...Jello