Far, Far Away

Well things are getting better at work. I'm finding my groove, dealing with the idiots and non-idiots alike. Trying to be as fair as I can. As firm as I can. And still managing to have fun while doing it.

Just yesterday I had a high and a low point that are both, a day later, laughable. Low point was a dude I picked up who paid to get through to a zone 1, but when he rang the bell to get off the bus, he'd entered a zone 2. He walked to the door but I didn't open it.

"Dude you owe me another quarter."

"Uh, I don't have one, lemme out."

"No, you owe me another quarter."

"C'mon let me out I don't have it."

"Nope, surely you've got a dollar you can put in and let me take a quarter of."

"Fine."

Now, that was really frustrating yesterday. Just pay the dang quarter. But today I just laughed about it. Kinda pathetic that he wanted to argue over a quarter.

High point was when I picked up this guy who was riding all the way to the end of the line with me, it was about an hour long ride. He dropped some coins into the farebox along with a couple dollars and when I asked him how far he was going, he said, "Far, far away."

He was so serious too. Which made me laugh and in turn, he laughed as he found his way to an open seat.

Comments

The Daily Rant said…
Dude, you are so funny! And if Ed wasn't in the truck with me yesterday, I would have sworn he was the "far, far away" guy on your bus. That is such an Ed answer! :) Thanks for the laugh! (Ed laughed too when I read it to him.)

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Mmm...Jello