City life and Slammers

Today I was privy to a conversation between two mid-to-late twenty something males. A conversation no one really wants or needs to hear. It was as if they were discussing the high schools and colleges they attended in years' past.

At one point it seemed like a pretty normal conversation about roommates and the social lives they lead. Reminding me of my days in college... Only they weren't talking about college. No.

No. They were talking about jail and prison.

"I was sent to (insert random jail here) for 3 years right out of high school."

"Oh man that is niiiiice, that place has great food and the cells aren't too shabby."

"Yeah, when I got out of there I kicked around for a bit but then I ended up in (insert other random jail here) for a few months, my buddy was there too and they let us share a cell together. That made it much better."

"Oh man, no way? They let you bunk with someone you knew? When I was at (insert another completely random jailhouse here) I was put with the biggest baddest dude on the block...."

And so on and so forth.

Seriously.

They were just calmly talking about being in jail like it was a normal every day thing and completely, perfectly acceptable. It was shocking but entertaining at the same time. The fact that they were so casual about it was really the most shocking part. Hearing the "details" was the entertaining part.

"And the best part was they didn't charge me with man-slaugther or grand-theft auto, which was a huge relief."

Yeah, the one guy actually said that.

.......in other news.

Today I ran a route that I ran last week. The same one in fact that led to the standing room only blog before this one. Last week it was pure madness. But this week I kicked it's ass. I was still a little bit late getting to my relief driver, but everyone had their hat check and all but one person had a seat. It was nice. And certainly served to boost my confidence in my job performance and abilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Mmm...Jello