Been a while...

I haven't had much time or inclination to blog lately. Believe it or not, I've had a good couple of weeks mileage-wise. I am tired, but not complaining. I'm also on the last leg of a load which takes me home. I deliver it in the morning in a town very close to my town and should be home well before noon. This makes me happy. Very happy.... which is an understatement of my actual emotions.

I wish I had some funny stories to relate. Oh wait, actually.... I do have one.

I was driving down a rural highway last week when I saw the most unusual thing I think I've ever seen, as far as farm animals are concerned anyway.

Up ahead of my big rig I saw some movement to the right of the highway. There was a standard issue metal wire fence between the highway and the rest of the world. There was also a strip of green space between the fence and a massive corn field in desperate need of harvesting.

Moving slowly across the green space was a most unusual flock of animals. About 15 strong I'd venture to guess. It was primarily sheep, seeming in dire need of shearing. At the head of the flock there was a strange looking creature. It took me slowing down to about 40 MPH to get a good look at the animal before I realized what it was.

It was a llama (or maybe it's smaller kindred, an alpaca) walking, er excuse me as it was more like stalking, along with it's head held down towards the ground.

It was the most absurd thing I've seen for sure. But I loved it. It inspired me to write a short story of sorts in a notebook I've been carrying around with me for nearly two months now. The notebook was supposed to be used for just this purpose, to start writing for the pleasure of writing again. The story is rough and certainly unfinished. But it's a start and one which will hopefully prompt future writing and who knows... maybe my first real novel!

Oh that's a novel idea! haha

Toodles....

Comments

kevbosnafu said…
Alpacas rock - we have a couple of baby alpacas in our area and they're adorable. Just thought I'd throw that in. Great blog - stay safe on the highways and byways of America.
The Daily Rant said…
Alpacas are very cool, very weird looking animals. Every time I see one, I'm like, "Is that a llama? alpaca? goat? WTF?" I once visited an Alpaca Farm up in Bethel, NY (where Woodstock was held) and got to talk to the owner. He showed me the Alpaca wool, gave me all sorts of interesting Alpaca facts and showed me several of the sweaters, gloves and blankets made from the Alpaca wool that his store sold Very cool!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic