OMG I'm normal?!

According to a comment on my last blog I am normal. How strange. I always believed I was normal and everyone else was weird anyway... this just reinforces that belief. Woo Hoo.

But really, does this look normal to you?







I'm glad everyone enjoyed the pictures and the MeMe blog. I have to admit that I don't mind telling strange facts about myself to anyone willing to listen to or read about it. I don't hide too much about myself. I'm an honest person, almost to a fault when it comes to my personality traits.

I have to admit, however, that I'm also a compulsive liar. But never about things that count. I have never lied to cover up my flaws or oddities. I've never lied to save myself from humiliation or just from generally looking a'fool. Nope... I don't lie for selfish reasons. I lie to make stories sound better than they really are.


I guess in reality it's not considered compulsive lying so much as just embellishing the truth. Consider a fishing trip story as an example. Say I told you I was going fishing this weekend. And on Monday you would ask me how the trip went. In reality I caught only three fish, small mouth bass', we'll say. Of course, I would stretch the truth and tell you instead that I caught three huge large mouths.


Simple lie, a stretch of the truth really. Just to make it more exciting for the listener. But, I have another buddy who calls me up to see how the trip went. So as to not be caught as a fibber, I have to tell this other buddy of mine the same story as I told you.


Now it's compulsive. Right?


But anyway. It's not something I do all the time... but then again I'm a compulsive liar and that in and of itself could be a lie. Hmm?


Anywho....


So I have to gripe a bit about allergies. I've been suffering from what I can only assume are nasty seasonal nasal allergies for nearly 5 weeks now. It's really starting to wear me out. I sneeze no less than 5 times when a sneezing fit starts. My poor little nose is red and raw and just keeps producing snot. Over the counter non-drowsy allergy formula pills haven't worked. Nasal spray only works for about 4 hours and can only be used twice a day according to the recommended dosages. Claritin made my heart feel like it was going to kerplode in my chest. And I've gone thru two huge boxes of tissues since this all started.


I'm going to the doctor tomorrow if I make it home in time to see about getting my trusty ol' cocktail of Allegra and Flonase. I hate to do it, because I've been so anti-drugs for the past couple of years. I take one prescription daily and it's a necessity, to keep babies at bay. But I've almost entirely cut out use of over-the-counter pain relievers like ibuprofen, using only in extreme need. I take daily vitamins including Vitamin C. But as far as actual medication, I've taken very little over the past two years.


But I can't take this any more. If something doesn't give soon I'll go insane. And right now the only way out I can see is to take the prescriptions that I know will work. The bad part about is that they will still take three to five days to get in my system enough to completely wipe out the allergic reactions I'm having to autumn. So I'll have to continue to suffer though the weekend and into early next week, best case scenario.


Bah.


But at least I do have time off coming up. I relay a load with another company driver tomorrow and then head home for some R & R. It'll be nice. Plus we're having our Halloween party this weekend so I'll get to have a little fun and be a little wackier than usual.


Last night was cool because I got to sneak a trip home in for my 10 hour DOT break. I pulled into my usual truck stop and called my sister. She and the kids came to get me and we went out to eat and then I stayed with them for the night. It was nice.


The load I had on me delivered here in Virginia today. My route to get here should've taken me 4 hours, trekking across I-64 east from Charleston. Things were going great until I got about 3 miles or so past the the 64-77 split headed eastward. The interstate was shut down completely in both directions. The cops were directing traffic off the high way at the Beaver, WV exit. Of course, they weren't directing us where to go from there. So I pulled over and called 911 for assistance. I am from WV and I know that many of the side roads and state routes aren't really all that truck friendly. And while I couldn't locate anything on the route ahead of me in the restricted or low clearance section of my atlas, I still didn't want to chance it.


The 911 dispatcher had me on hold for a little bit before coming back and telling me that the best bet was to just retrace my steps and hit I-77 south and pick up US-460 over to I-81 and back up to where I needed to go.


I was so afraid it was gonna add too much time to my trip and make it impossible for me to meet my 2pm deadline for delivery. But I trudged on after calling my manager to update my ETA and explain what was happening.


Lucky for me I made good time and made it with 15 minutes to spare. I also scored freebies at the place I delivered too, which of course made the end of the journey bittersweet. After I was unloaded I headed to the nearest Pilot for fuel and then on to the only truck stop in the area with a truck/trailer wash.


The next load I pick up is at a place that can be very picky about the cleanliness of an empty trailer you bring them and since the empty trailer I was pulling smelled like the cocoa powder I'd just delivered and had a little residue on the floor, I figured it was best to be safe and have it washed out before I got there and risked rejection.


So here I am hanging out with my clean trailer, blogging. I'll be hitting the sack before too long since I wanna be up and on the road by 5:30am. I have to get the next load and have it to a relay point in WV no later than noon. So I'm gonna have to boogie out early to make the deadline. Plus, the sooner I get it done the sooner I get home and start that R & R.


Hope everyone has a great Halloween Weekend.

Comments

Anonymous said…
yes normal... very normal... and normal people scare me.....

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic