The Trucky Update

Well... Trucky is finally getting somewhere.

Yesterday morning we woke up and got on the road headed northeast. Our hope was to get to Akron. And we probably could've made it. But my frustration at Trucky's condition was made pointedly clear to the Sunday support shift crew with frequent stops and Qualcomm messages. And after only traveling about 100 miles at 45 miles per hour, they made the call to relay the load with another available driver just south of Cincinatti. They then sent me bob-tailed to our Indianapolis terminal.

I arrived here yeserday evening around 4pm and went straight to the shop. They took a look at it to get an idea of what's going on with it. Apparently it's not as bad as I thought in respect to the turbo... but sadly, there were a whole host of other problems. ....also enroute to the terminal bob-tailed, the black smoke took turns with a blue/white smoke. I dunno what that means, but the mechanic didn't seem to like the sound of it.

So now, my truck is sitting in line waiting to be seen in the actual shop. The shop manager told me earlier they may get Trucky in a bay tonite, but probably not until tomorrow sometime.

And I am stuck not making any money for at least two days... probably three. At least there is a nice, affordable hotel I can stay at to relax and enjoy my "time off".

I'll update more later when I have more info to update with.

Those of you driving out there... drive safe. Everyone else... live safe!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Blue is oil getting burned white is water. Was the engine getting any warmer than normal? Was the oil on the dipstick milky looking? Sucks they had you push a hurt motor. No doubt it has tore up more in doing so. Its the SNI way, drive it tell it blows.
Im betting it takes more than a day to get it back again.
Angela said…
The oil on the dipsick reeked of diesel fuel... it's bad. Poor Trucky is just very ill.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up