Impatience

Sitting in a parking lot waiting for some guy to come deliver the rest of his load at a K-Mart so we can swap trailers is killing me.

I got here at about quarter to three in the afternoon. I'm in my home town, literally less than 3 miles away from my house. But I can't leave and go home because the load I'm waiting to relay with this guy is high value and I can't risk leaving it alone in "this" neighborhood.

I love my town but it has some rough areas and of course this is very very close to being on of the worst. It's a high traffic area but most of the people are just passing through and not paying attention to anything going on on either side of the road. So if I left, no one would probably notice until too late that my truck or trailer had become a victim of theft.

So here I sit... babysitting... wasting precious hours. At 18:15 my 14 hour day runs out... and if he's not here and done unloading by then... I'm screwed. When he pulls onto the lot I can drop the trailer I'm under and park off to the side I suppose that way when he's done he can drop and hook and be on his merry way. Then in the morning I can just come back (after a good nights sleep in my own bed 3 miles away) and hook up to the empty and head for my regular park location to begin my time off.

Although, I'm quite sure he will be just about outta hours by the time he's done also. This is apparently his third delivery for the day and has probably been at is as long as I have today. I started at 04:15 this am. Painfully early. So we'll probably both end up sitting here all night waiting for 10 hours to pass so we can do what each of us need to do respectively.

I don't suppose this should be such a bad thing. It's just that I'm frustrated and tired. I got little sleep last night thanks to idiots fighting in the truck stop... beside my truck.

I called the cops. haha... take that fools!

I swear, people are just retarded. From what I could gather from the argument between two guys in front of the row of trucks I was parked on, a husband/wife team was in the fuel island minding their own business and some douche bag was parked near the fuel island and was on the CB making rude remarks about the wife.

I assume that the husband either heard the chatter from the radio in his truck or someone else said something to him about it. I also assume that the argument started as a radio pissing contest. Of course, if that's accurate, then it's also safe to assume that finally one of them said "meet me in the parking lot" or something to that effect... you know... so they could handle it like "men".

*snort* men... ha! That's debatable ... boys.

The husband/wife team ended up parking beside me and at this point the argument came face to face with the other guy. It grew louder and louder as the minutes passed and the comments flew. It was certainly heated. All the while I could hear the "lady" (and I'm sorry but I do use that term loosely as the things she was saying were not very lady-like) screaming in between the two "men" about nonsensical crap... mostly cursing and telling the outside party he was a "this and that" and his "mama was a this and that" and such... a truly brilliant mind as I'm sure you can tell.

Anywho... after about 3 minutes of entertainment it started to get really annoying and I was starting to wonder if it was going to come to blows. And just as I'd dialed 9-1-1 someone was pushed into the side of my trailer. I guess other people saw this going on and also called the cops or maybe the cops were already in the area..... I dunno.

But within what seemed only seconds the red and blue disco lights started blazing through the parking lot and the fight was broke up and things calmed down. I don't suppose anyone was charged with anything because no one left (that I could see) in handcuffs and the husband/wife team who had been parked beside me finally drove off into the night.

I didn't hardly sleep a wink the rest of the night. Every sound I heard outside my trailer had me jerking awake and listening intently for any signs of trouble. It was a rough night... and I'm all the bitter for it today.

....but I did manage to get motivated in time to get fuel and head to my delivery point by 6am this morning. I took a little shorty short nap while being unloaded and that was a little helpful. I got dispatched while there to pick up a load just down the street.... which is the load I'm under now.

I hope this guy gets here soon. I'm growing impatient.

Comments

Sal Paradise said…
Thanks Gi-Gi for sharing your thoughts,trials and tests out there on the road
I started reading your blog from the begining to get a sense of where your story is going and had to stop at the 27 nov 07 post
my eyes are failing me
found your blog thru gypsy driver
thanks for making my smile
sorry if my happiness is at your expense...my hapiness is only knowing that I wasnt the only one going thru what your going thru.
thanks for your honesty...it might not seem like much, but it DOES matter
thank you...looking forward to reading the rest of your blogs and getting caught up to what is now happening in youor travels from the road
p.s. i did 250,000 with sni then another 50,000 with roehl b4 things changed in my life
looking at getting back to hauling non-descriptive items to non-descritive people in non-descriptive towns!!!
take care and thanks!!!
Keep writing!!!!!
Anonymous said…
Nice to see your still oout there and truckin GiGi. First saw you on CAD..when you began your journey.


Good for you....for being able to hang this long...and longer.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up