Quickie...

I'm currently on a load that just pisses me off and will throw me all off schedule for at least a couple of days. Today was normal enough. Up at dawn, retrieve load, head northwesterly bound. I've stopped close to the TN/KY border for the night.

I will get up way before the sun does in the morning to head up to Daleville, IN (north of Indy) to take another 10 hr. break tomorrow by 10am-ish. I will have to get some sleep while I'm there since I have to be up again by 9pm to drive the rest of the way to my delivery point about 30 minutes from the truck stop I'll be breaking at. This load is retarded... it delivers at 10:15 PM tomorrow night and has an estimated unload time of 6 hours. Apparently I'm to be expected to unload it myself.

Which, I'm sorry... is soooo not happening. I might consider it if someone is willing to show me the ropes for the first pallet or two. But if there is a lumper (a person who you can pay to unload for you) available, you can bet your sweet pickles I'll be hiring him/her.

Then, I've already told my manager that I will be returning to the truck stop to recover and regroup until further notice. I kinda need a chance to recoup some hours for my workweek anyway, plus I'll be a dang zombie from the sleeping schedule change and need a day to get back on track.

So there... that's my blog. I'm going to go watch a movie I just bought... Reno 911! the Movie. I've heard it's helarious but haven't seen it yet. So I am gonna lay here and laugh myself silly then go to sleep. 3am comes quickly....

Comments

Nancy Matson said…
Hey Gi-Gi! I can't find any contact information for you, but would you be willing to let me interview you for my blog, nancymatson.blogspot.com? I interview someone with a different job every week. Come visit and drop me an email if you're interested. Thanks!
Decorina said…
Oh man, I know how it feels. I used to run out of time just so I could sleep. And what part of "driver" says anything about unloading (fingerprinting) the damn freight???? Sheesh.

After two hours they are supposed to pay you retainage. Period.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic