A Blog

After my previous cleverly titled blog, I figured I'd go with something a little more simple.

After the ado of the penis monster, the rest of my journey has been fairly pleasant. I stopped the other night at a Flying-J truck stop in Texarkana, Arkansas and enjoyed a free meal in the "Cookery".

I was all prepared to pay about what... $10 or so for a dinner. I settled down, got my water with lemon and placed my order. After nearly 40 minutes my meal finally arrived. The place was relatively dead, so you can imagine my annoyance at having to wait so long. Not to mention the fact that the waitress that took my order never once came to tell me was sorry it was taking so long. Actually it seemed like she was intentionally avoiding my booth.. but that might've just been my own paranoia.

I was just finishing the last of the water and grabbing my purse to leave in a huff when the waitress finally presented me with my meal. Little did I know that all the while the check out clerk had been watching my progressing irritation and when I was done with my meal and ready to check out she took my bill and said, "hold on a sec". And disappeared into the kitchen area.

More waiting... but this time only a couple minutes before I saw her again and she waved me on and said to have a good evening. Free meal. woo hoo. So I took that $10 I was going to spend on the meal and bought myself a new movie. I picked up "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" on DVD... one of my favorite books of all time, which was made into a movie back a few years ago. I have to say that it is one of my top favorites of all time in both the book and movie categories. For the movie it was probably because they stuck to the book very closely and that therefore made it a very enjoyable film. I watched it that night. It made me laugh and smile lots.

The following morning I was in the "J" using the powder room to start my day... morning elimination and tooth brushing sort of stuff when I gal came in and started getting her day going as well. I made the comment about how "fun" it was to get primped for your day in a public restroom all the time. She laughed and agreed.

I realized after a moment that I'd seen her in the resturant the previous evening (when I was eating my free steak) and so mentioned as much to her. I told her I noticed her the night before because she had on a pirate t-shirt.

She then turned to study me full on... and asked the sort of question you don't generally get asked in a public restroom far far away from home...

"Would your name happen to be Gi-Gi?"

"Well, it is one name I go by, yes...." I replied...a little sheepishly.

Of course she then went on to introduce herself as a fellow trucker and blogger who frequents this very blog and we shook hands... in a public restroom! hahahaha If I'd had known who she was the night before we could've enjoyed a meal together talking of our journeys and other trucker stuff. Perhaps another time! So here's a quick shout out to The One and Only GyspyTrucker! Holla Girl!

Well... after that it was off to the races.... or at least the races that consist of driving in Texas in a company truck with a governed speed of 60 MPH. I delivered my load on the south side of Houston and then headed up to our company terminal on the east side for my break.

While I was there I chatted with other drivers and hung out waiting for my dear friends Oscar and Alison to come get me to hang out for the evening. They live just east of Houston. We had a great visit, which ended up being an overnighter. They took me out for Chinese and then we went back to their place to just catch up and hang out. Of course I wish I could've stayed longer. But alas... I had to keep on truckin'.

This morning I got back to my truck around 7 am CST and found my next assignment waiting for me on the Qualcomm. I was to pick up a load on the south side of Houston and head to Savannah, GA with it. I made it as far as Gulfport, MS tonight. Tomorrow I'll be taking a short tour to make a stop over in the Eglin AFB area of the Florida Panhandle to visit some of my most awesomest friends for the day. I'm so excited!

I just talked to them on the phone and they're as excited as I am too! It's gonna rock. We haven't seen each other since I think 2003... actually it was on my way home to Nebraska from a week vacation visiting them in Alabama that I had a bad car wreck which totalled my most awesome Mazda, taught me the value of seatbelts and airbags and slightly damaged my ego. But I digress... I'm so excited I don't know how I will sleep tonite! woo hoo!

Well that's it for now, I'm going to go try to unwind and get some rest before my big day tomorrow! Toodloo!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey...you are posting again! Awesome. Now I can read more. LOL. Loved the Penis post. LOL.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic