Just a couple things....

Just a couple things I wanna get off my chest and maybe start some constructive conversations on....

1) Why have fast food resturants started using those retarded-ass trash recepticles with small circular holes on the top instead of the wide-mouthed swinging door on the front?

I suspect it's because they don't want to fish around in the trash for tossed dine-in trays. But would rather spend their time trying to remove a heaped over trash bag without getting ketchup and half eaten french fries all over themselves.

These new trash recepticles piss me off. I liked the old method of "slide it all off into a trash can with the aid of the swinging door". I loathe having to perform the new "grab the corner of the advertisement/placemat paper while you attempt to slide off all the contents of your tray into an 8 inch hole and NOT get your food all over yourself" method . Seriously... bad idea.

2) WTF is wrong with people today when it comes to forming lines where lines are necessary?
Again I will use the fast food resturant scenario to explain my beef with this one.

I waltzed into a Micky D's the other day, which to my chagrin, was filled with the eldery type of humanoids that take tour busses to places and jam pack resturants along the way when it's their hourly feeding time.

But damnit, I wanted that milkshake.

So I attempted to find a line behind a cashier, to no avail. Everyone was just milling around, completely unorganized, hoping to be able to step up at the request of "I can help who's next please".

Seriously... what happend to single file lines, first come first serve, and all that orderly jazz? Things work better when there is a little orginaztion. And no, that's not just my inner virgo talking either!

This has become an issue for me over the past year or so, this unorganization of the human race. Of course, it's only displaying what humans, and American's, are becoming. Which is also rude and selfish.

So I found myself standing there, wondering when it will be my turn to step up to the cashier and place my order when it occurs to me... just jump in behind someone and say loudly...

"Is this one of the lines? I'm starved and it looks like most of these folks are just waiting for food."

It didn't take too long for a line to form behind both of the working cashiers. I laughed... and ended up ahead of most of the morons who'd be just hanging out hoping to be picked next for the dodgeball game we call...

Ordering an F'n meal!!!

Don't be a sheeple people... form a line, don't follow the crowd. If someone gets mad that you "jumped" explain that from chaos, you made order.. and that you'll be happy to place yours and get out of their way.

Comments

David M. Howell said…
Great blog.

Having worked on McD's several agencies ago (with all due shame, I was a part of the "I'm lovin' it" relaunch). Anyway, the "hole" is for two reasons:
A) employees forgetting to check for trays
B) lawsuits due to fingers being bruised by the door

As for the chaos, love the observation. Pick up Susan Jacoby's book "Age of American Unreason" it's all there.

Keep up the blog. And be safe.
Angela said…
Thanks David! Enlightening about the trash can holes. But that just chaff's my backside even more! The fact that people can even get away with such a frivolous lawsuit against any entity due to their own stoopidity just irks me to no end.

I have never hurt myself and though, damn I should sue someone for this. Maybe I should... but then I'd be just like everyone else... a sheeple.

Amazing isn't it? That resturants are putting items in place for the sole purpose of fighting off retarded lawsuits!

And I am sure someone out there is dumb enough to hurt themselves on the top-hole trash cans at some point. It's pretty much inevitable.

And you know, it'll be that one mom that sits her kid on top of the thing while she is talking on the cell phone and throwing away her trash, which will take all of her available hands and the kid will stand up or fall over into the hole and break a leg or something.

Oops.. I just gave someone an idea... Sadly... it's probably already happened or came close to it. People are just dumb.

I'm going to check out the book recommendation next time I'm at Books-A-Million.
Anonymous said…
I found your blog a few days ago. I used to drive for Schneider and miss the road; a lot of your stories are familiar.

But...I love the open top trashcans. I have a small neurosis about germs. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a clean freak, but I never liked touching that little door you have to open. I'd always push it with the end of my tray and hope the stuff would slide off the tray without me touching anything. Of course that never worked, all the paper would get stuck at the door and fall to the floor. Then I'd have to pick it up and try all over again.
Anonymous said…
GiGi - It's a conspiracy that the Government and the Q-Tips (old, grey haired people who just mill around in restaurants and grocery stores) have against us. The government pays these Q-Tips to go and stand around in the restaurants...didnt you know that? It's all in my upcoming book. LOL.

Great post!
willy said…
HI, just wanted to say I love your observations, and your blog. I am new to your blog but will be back. I enjoy it a lot.
Anonymous said…
So my question is, if Mickey D's changed the trash bin, must mean they want to clear tables, cause if it is chore for me to do something for THEM for FREE, then I am not giving them my money so I can clean their diner. Either they make it easy for me, or I can make it more work for them. not like they are going to short my tip or anything!
Lyndon said…
Hi GiGi

Great blog and great write up, heres a top tip, try avoiding peak eating times and the queues are a lot smaller.

I hardly ever eat in, i usually take it back to the truck that way the garbage goes in the bag i bought it over with then gets slung into the big trucker bins on the parking lot.

Safe Journeys.

Lyndon.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic