Post 546 - AKA This Post

Today is Sunday January 5th 2014....


I had my second shower of the year today. 

Yeah, I said it. 

But before you get all grossed out please understand that two showers in 5 days is pretty good considering that when I was an OTR trucker there were times I went 4+ days between showers.  Due to time constraints on load/travel time and poor planning in the dispatching process.  It wasn't for lack of trying sometimes, but often the need for adequate sleep and food consumption outweighed the need for a shower. 

But this having been my second shower of the year didn't mean I was completely dirty, I did wash my hair between showers. 

I enjoyed the shower thoroughly, finishing it off with a slathering of lotion to battle the dryness that this winter weather is causing and I even tried out my sister-in-laws homemade sugar hand scrub that she gave me for Christmas. I was kinda freaking out when it appeared that the dye she used to make it pretty was appearing to settle into the cracks of my super dry hands, but was incredibly relieved when I watched it all wash off and swirl down the drain. 

Close one. 

As the little one naps, I'm sitting here trying to get a few online tasks accomplished.  I am trying to figure out where I went wrong on a knitting pattern I tried yesterday to make a flower for an embellishment on a craft I'm making for Leelu's room.  I printed off the instructions, but didn't really bother reading them until I was in mid-attempt at making the flower.  Then I was left sitting there wide-eyed reading the words like "What?!" I didn't get it, which was made obvious when I "finished" the knitting process and didn't have anything even remotely close to what the picture on my print out showed.  So now I need to do a little more research and see if I can find a similar pattern with clearer pictures of the stitching or maybe even a video on how it's done.

I also need to go through some pictures and upload them to my Snapfish account to be printed.  I'm such an incredible slacker in this digital age of photography.  I sincerely miss 33mm film.  I miss the limitations placed on a photographer by film in general.  I feel like with film, I was apt to take more meaningful pictures instead of just blasting the shutter button a billion times in hopes that one of the hundreds of pictures I took turn out good.  Because... well... I can just delete the crap right?

While I'm online and thinking about knitting and pictures, I should probably do a little more sprucing up of my new blog I started just for my knitting adventures.  You can check it out of you like, but I don't expect you to keep up with it unless you are a knitter or have an interest in knitting.  It's over at www.gigiroxxknits.blogspot.com.

Well time to get some of those tasks done before the baby wakes up and needs me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic