Killing Time

I've got other things I could and probably should be doing.  But here I am anyway.

Today we found out that our car is in need of repairs, the blower motor for the interior temperature controls is kaput. It also looks like it's something that we will have to take to a dealership to have fixed.  Of course that  means that something that could be somewhat affordable to fix ourselves will instead be astronomical in cost.  Not cool.

But the universe is smiling upon us a little (possibly) in the area of employment for my hubby.  He's been riding the unemployment train since late October after getting laid off from a company that promised him the moon and the stars and endless work being available..... all lies.  But there has been rumor that a great company is looking to hire him for a temporary job that could turn into a permanent job.

We're not holding our breath, but we are crossing our fingers.

Leelu had a kinda-sorta check up when we went to the WIC office this week. She got weighed and measured anyway, she's 20.5 lbs and 26.5 in. So yay! She has an official doctors visit check-up next week.

She turned 10 months on this past Saturday too, I can't believe in two months I'll have a one year old!

Ooh, also this past weekend was my 8 Years Quit Anniversary.  Still one of the best decisions I've ever made.  I smoked for nearly 11 years, the last 6-7 of which I was a full time smoker of up to two packs a day.  If you don't know me, or haven't known me for very long, I quit cold turkey back on January 19, 2006.  I had planned it out, set the date and started making small changes to my daily life to make sure I was going to be successful in my final quit. 

I see pictures from way back when of myself with a cigarette in hand and think... who was that girl?!

I'm so glad I quit. 

Well back to the daily grind I suppose.  There is laundry needing done and I imagine that the nap that Leelu is taking will be as short lived as the one she was supposed to have taken earlier today.  Her typical two hour midday nap was 40 minutes long...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic