Growing Pains

Tomorrow we have our two week check-up with the pediatrician.  I'm anxious to see how much my little Starfish has grown.  I just hope she's not Jedi mind-tricked me into thinking she's bigger while having lost weight.  But really I'm about 99% sure she's a bit chubbier, especially since her newborn diapers are starting to get a wee bit snug. 

She has been going thru what the midwife and various others have said is a growth spurt, as of late.  She gets uber fussy in the late evenings.  She has periods of time each day when she wants to cluster feed, not seeming satisfied until she's turned my poor little boobies into sad and sore little deflated balloons.

But then she sleeps like a champ at night, last night she slept for 5 hours straight before waking to beg for food and then another 3.5 hours after that before waking for her breakfast buffet.

She's been a little fussy this morning, however.  And I'm starting to wonder if she's dealing with gas or maybe even a touch of reflux.  I'll be bringing it up to her dr. tomorrow for sure.  Last night, daddy was tending her needs while I slept a little between the nine o'clock and midnight feedings and whatever happened, it required wash cloths, towels and a change of clothes for both of them.  He says she just spit-up but if it required all that, I kinda think maybe she hurled. 

So I'll be checking tomorrow to see if I can give her something to settle her tummy down.  In the meantime I'll have to adjust my diet a little more as I try to find out what is upsetting her belly. 

Comments

Belledog said…
Three weeks old.

Wow, that's gone fast.

For us.

Best to you, N8 and Natalie.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic