Cranky Butt

So for, oh... the last 48 hours or so, the little Starfish has been a serious cranky butt.  She fights sleep, cries...no... screams for seemingly no reason at all, and is just generally cantankerous.  It's exhausting.  She did sleep well last night, when she finally WENT to sleep.  Which was sometime around midnight.  Daddy took duty again last night because I was exhausted, frustrated and just out of ideas to try to calm her.  Nothing I'd tried had worked. 

So I said, "Here ya go daddy...you try! I'm going to bed."


I didn't hear her make a peep once he got her settled until around 5 this morning.  When she started stirring, I got up and started our nighttime feeding routine of turning on the low wattage lamp, changing her diaper (whether it needs it or not), and then feeding her quietly.  No TV, no bright lights, no noises except my gentle "I love you's" when we make eye contact.

She didn't fall back to sleep right after that feeding like she usually does at night, so we snuggled for a little bit and when I felt she was getting ready to nod off, I swaddled her up and placed her in her crib and sat quietly for a few moments to make sure she wasn't gonna get rowdy.

Once I knew she was on her way out, close to 6 am, I went back to my room and tucked myself back into bed for a few more hours of sleep.  She woke up again around 10am and was ready for more milk and cuddles.  Right now I am watching her fight sleep in her swing.  I don't know why she fights it.  She's not missing anything.

But fight it she does, for whatever reason.  I hope this trend passes soon and she finally passes out for at least a half hour, because I really need to get a shower so I can get some errands run today. 

Comments

Belledog said…
Starfish finds you and Dad very interesting to be around.

I love that she's so strong-willed at one month.

You can do a Gigi and Daughter trucking firm.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic