Week One Done

Seems kind of like I've been here before. Posting information about the first week of training for a new and exciting career is how I got started on this little bloggy of mine a few years ago. And so now here I am, retraining into another new and exciting career and blogging about it. Week one was definitely a challenge, but I fear that the worst is yet to come. Sure it was tough learning what I have so far, but I don't honestly think I learned more than maybe 5% of what is needed to be successful at being a professional mass transit operator. I can say right now with complete certainty that I've got many more challenges ahead of me before I am even 50% "learned" for this new job. I feel, however, that this is gonna be a great career move. I am truly excited about it and really do look forward to working with the public, getting them where they want to go safely and efficiently, and working for what I refer to from now on as the "Authority". The Authority is who I work for. And it seems like one big happy family. Pretty much everyone in the office knows me by name already, first name, not last. Which impresses me. That even the big wigs that have cushy offices know me by name, smile and say hello every time we pass in the halls or on the lot. That says a LOT about who they are and what they are. I expect that the coming weeks will produce some fun blog topics. This coming week we will be going out in a training bus to learn the routes before dealing with passengers. That alone will likely be a riot. So if you've gotten tired of my blog, are just tuning in, or are always ready for a new post, be at the ready. I'm sure my "production" is about to go up ten fold! haha

Comments

i'm looking forward to hearing about your new adventures!....it's gotta be a whole different ballgame, having the public on the bus with you instead of cutting you off, turning in front of you....all that...lol.....that's great about the atmosphere in the company....makes life so much more enjoyable when people treat each other with respect....glad this is going so well.....keep us posted!
some asian guy said…
and so it begins. sounds like you're in good company. i hope it goes well. looking forward to learning about the route :-)
The Daily Rant said…
I'm getting to the party a little late here, but I'm so excited for you!! I will be following along every step of your new adventure.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Mmm...Jello