You're So Helpful

Thanks to everyone who commented (but didn't get their comment published) on my last blog. MY BAD on the broken linky-do. It's fixed now though. If you get some weird page now it's your own fault. ; )

So today I went back to the place I had run out of hours at earlier this week in Beacon, NY, the place with very little space for the amount of vehicles coming and going. I was a little irked when I was dispatched yesterday to go there to pick up a load this morning. But I figured since I was going to be heading in for a 6 am appointment, when I knew they would just be opening for business, I felt a little less irked. At least I had a chance of getting there before anyone else, maneuvering about with out any obstacles this time.

So this morning I got my head start, arriving 15 minutes before my appointment time. I was one of only three vehicles on the lot, the other two were cars. One of occupant of the cars was the loading dock guy and the other was the weekend office manager. Yay. So I backed into a dock and got settled in to be loaded.

All right! This was gonna be cake.

And it was, I was docked and loaded and out in less than 2 hours. I was ecstatic! And I was on my way south well ahead of what I'd anticipated.

I ended up stopping at our company terminal in Carlisle, PA for lunch and a good old fashioned time wasting. Satisfied that I'd eaten a good meal and piddle farted around long enough I got back on the road and made my way further south into Virginia.

I'll sleep in tomorrow, because I can, and then I'll drive the rest of the two and a half hours to my delivery location. The routine will be nearly same as before on the load out of NY to VA, going to the same place even. Only this time I am not staying in Troutville and I hope that after I deliver I don't get another load going back up to Jersey. I'll scream if I do. haha And if I do, you just might hear me all across the land. haha

Oh yeah, and if you haven't had a chance or wasn't successful at following my previous blogs' link to the newly revamped website, check it out and lemme know what ya think. I want to make it a great site for truck drivers and people looking at trucking as a career change, so if you have any ideas on what I can add or what I can do to that I'd appreciate it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic