Slow, Slow...Quick Quick

I have already nearly run my arse off since I came out of the house on Monday. Shew! As you may have read in the previous post I delivered and picked up coming out of the house and was headed for Illinois. En route I managed to get a trailer tire blow out which put a small cramp in my style for a little bit on Tuesday. But I still delivered the IL load and was assigned to pick up another load going to Ohio, which was a tight delivery that would require me to go to bed before the sun set and get up well before the sun rose the next morning. Not cool, but whatever... that's what they pay me for, right?

So what I had to do was after I delivered the IL load I made my way to the nearest truck stop to shut down for a ten hour break. Upon waking I made my way to the shipper to pick up the preloaded trailer bound for Ohio. I then drove straight through to the consignee, with a quick pit stop to get a mud flap fixed at our Gary terminal.

I delivered the OH load that same day. It was a drop and hook delivery, which makes life much easier for everyone involved. With an empty trailer in tow, I drove about a mile to the nearest truck stop there to await my next work assignment. As I pulled into the lot, the Qualcomm started beeping.

I was to pick up a preloaded trailer at the place I'd just left at 1am the next morning. UGH! Another day of hitting the hay before the sun does! But whatever, I made the most of it, since I had a good bit of my day left before sleep was required, as it was only about noon when I got to the truck stop, and watched a movie.

Thoroughly relaxed and ready for bed, I passed out around 5pm. Pathetic... I hate doing that. Makes me feel like I should be 90 instead of 30! haha But anyway.

I did sleep well and managed to wake up ready to roll. I headed back to the place I'd delivered to the day before to pick up my next load. It was a two stop load bound for two home goods retails stores in West Virginia, the first in Vienna and the second in Bridgeport. Piece of cake.

I got hooked up to the load and was on the road in no time. I had no trouble with the trip at all. I even made it to my first delivery stop a half hour early. But that did little good since they didn't open until my appointment time anyway.

The folks at the first stop had a few internal troubles that turned in external rudeness (don't bring me down buster!!) which had to be dealt with before they could/would unload me so I ended up sitting there a little longer than anticipated, which was making me nervous that I'd be late for my second stop, 85 miles away. But as my luck would have it, I was only 10 minutes late, totally forgivable, and according to the folks at the second location, right on time! Shew!

I'd already received the details of my next work assignment, also, so while I was being unloaded at the second location I made a call to see if I could be worked in earlier than my appointed time for pick up. Lucky day... they took me early!

Sometimes, the sun shines all day. :o) Even when someone tries to be a total jerk wad and poop all over my good mood, the sunshine still gets through!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic