Read a Little or a Lot

I sat here doing one of those little things that one does while thinking at the helm of a keyboard... fingers in their proper place upon the keyboard I lightly strummed they keys as I thought. I bet it's annoying to others in the room. I don't care. It helps me think.

Typically when I blog I start with a title, which is probably ass backwards from the way most folks do it. I find that when I create a title it directs my thoughts and words flow accordingly. Today I flip-flopped and am trying the typing before titling. It feels a little odd. But I'm up to the challenge.

Things have been pretty mundane since I came out of the house last week. Pick up, deliver... repeat. Sleep and eat in between. Oh and Marge spent a night in the shop getting her PM oil change and some additional maintenance in there too. Yay, we have a jake and cruise control again. *happy dance*

I sat around most of the day yesterday in Bordentown, NJ at the Petro (which I loathe) after delivering a load in the morning over in Jamesburg. The down time allowed me to read a book cover to cover, however, which put my list to 8 out of my goal of 50 for the year. Man I'm slacking! I don't think I'm gonna make 50 books in 12 months, but it's possible if I read a little more frequently than I've been doing so far this year.

I've got 5 books already lined up for reading next. "The Lovely Bones" is next in line. I hope it's good. I really am itching to re-read the Twilight series, of course, because I'm a dork and I'm hooked on that teeny bopper vampire crap just like I have been since I was a teeny bopper crushing on Brad Pitt in "Interview with a Vampire". I've had a long torrid love affair with the bloodsuckers. :oP

Of course I loaned my sister the series, and she probably won't read them or if she does, probably won't appreciate them like I did. (no offence sis, but I just don't know if they're your bag, baby haha) So I can't read them again just yet. And since I've already read them this year I don't know if I could count them again towards my goal of 50. Or could I?

Hmm...

So anyway. I need some suggestions for more books. I've got a few in line and a few I've got in my cart on Amazon, but I need some fresh finds. Any suggestions?

I'm into horror, but please don't suggest Stephen King or Dean Koontz. I'm also into murder/medical mysteries, some fantasy/sci-fi, and the like. No romance, I get enough of that with Nora Roberts' novels. I don't like westerns but might find an interest in medieval sort of stuff.

So if you have any thoughts on which way I should go next, lemme know. Oh and I fully intend to read the Harry Potter series this year, I already have the first book in hand and will be buying the rest soon.

Well anywho. I've got laundry cooking in the dryer and dinner in my belly. I had considered watching Coraline, which I just bought last night, but figured I'd wait until I had more time. I have to be in bed in a little over an hour so I can meet a 3 am wake up requirement. Tomorrow is bound to be a long day.

Back over to Jersey for an 8 am live unload then who knows what. I hope back into PA and not into the north east! ha! Wishful thinking.

Comments

Anonymous said…
If you like vampires, check out "The Sookie Stackhouse Novels / Chronicles" a.k.a. "The Southern Vampire Mysteries" a.k.a. "TrueBlood" by Charlaine Harris. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Southern_Vampire_Mysteries

It is a 10 book series (and counting) that HBO based the series TrueBlood. I'm reading book 8 at the moment.
Anonymous said…
Also...I know you said no Dean Koontz but you may want to take a look at his 3 book series 'Dean Koontz's Frankenstein'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Koontz%27s_Frankenstein

It is based on Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (which if you haven't read it, I recommend...hint, hint...the monster isn't the green guy we grew up hearing about).

The series takes place in modern day New Orleans. Dr. Frankenstein and his monster didn't die.
JOB: A comedy of justice - Robert Heinlein
The boat that wouldn't float - Farley Mowat
A study in scarlet - A. C. Doyle
The moviegoer - Walker Percy
Swag - Elmore Leonard
Down the river with Henry David Thoreau - Edward Abbey
gdiesels said…
Two of my all time favorites. Both have been turned into movies but the books were always much better.

All the Pretty Horses
Snow Falling on Cedar
Anonymous said…
Even though it doesn't really fall into the genre's you mentioned I always recommend the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. It has a little bit of everything in it and somehow it all works. It's far and away the best fiction I have ever read.
Anonymous said…
If you like murder/medical type stuff, try author Patricia Cornwell. Her Dr. Kay Scarpetta series is awesome. Scarpetta is a Coroner/FBI liason/Police liason etc. The series rocks! It's been out there for a while, but all the books are within the last ten years.
gdiesels said…
Hey one more:

Water for Elephants

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic