Paper, anyone?

Today as readers perused their beloved hometown newspaper, The Daily Mail, they found THIS. Shocking as it may seem, it's really just a simple piece about a simple girl who loves her job. There is one statement that I would like to address as not being true. I would NEVER EVER refer to myself as a "superior driver". No way.

I'm a humble, learning-new-stuff-everyday-rookie-driver. I am not sure where that one statement may have came out during the interview process, but I assure you I would only have said such a thing in jest, laughing hysterically as I said those words in that order.

It probably seems silly to even bother to clarify something like that, but I don't want people, especially other professional drivers, thinking I'm some sort of snobbish prima donna behind the wheel of a truck. My sh*t stinks just like the rest of ya's does. I drive, I learn, I close my eyes and try to keep it between the lines (most of the time... hey some ones' gotta test those rumble strips to make sure they still work right?!)

Aside from that, I think that the writer Elaine and the photographer Philip did a stellar job on making me not seem like a freak of nature for being a professional driver. Even with a nicknamed truck, a devil pirate duck and my Martha Stewart linens... I'm Okay! haha

In other news, I'm not looking forward to the travels required for my next work assignment. Turns out my southward journey from the northern parts of Ohio to the eastern side of Georgia is going to be treacherous thanks to some retarded weather that's gonna make it's way into the mid-Atlantic starting tomorrow. I'll likely still be in Ohio, maybe West Virginia for most of the day tomorrow. But Saturday I need to be rolling south through what appears to be an area expecting upwards of a foot of snow.

Bah humbug!

Hopefully the snow will have already fallen and the roads will have been treated and/or cleared before I make my way south. But who knows. I guess my little dose of snow over in the Winchester area a couple weeks ago was prep enough for winter driving. I just hate doing it. Boo hiss...

I'm sure I'll have a story or two to tell after this trip!

Comments

SA LeAnn said…
Loved the article in todays paper and of course had to go over to your blog and read. I wish you luck in your travels and will check in now weekly to catch up...
SA LeAnn said…
wonderful article in the Charleston Newspaper. Have a safe trip and will be stopping in here and there to read your happenings.
june in florida said…
Great article,was well written.You and Kenny look good in the pictures.Hope you get home for Christmas, have a happy one.Be safe.
Anonymous said…
Right behind you down through OH,WV,VA,NC Smiles all fun stuff.


EW
Unknown said…
Very cool!

Yeah, gotta love (not) being misquoted in the local papers :(. I recently had a quote attributed to me that was from someone else in an article about our state's running series and those of us that had ironed this year so have first-hand experience. Was having to go on Facebook and forums writing that I did NOT say that, lol.

Gabby
Jason S Harry said…
Great article- Thanks for sharing it! You looked great in the picture!

We have some things in common: I occasionally get the "who drove the truck" or "where's your Dad" comments, even though I am a male. Guess I'm just a little guy and we both present the 'non-stereotypical' truck driver image in our own way!

By the way, I think anyone who has read your blog or shared the road with you would agree you're a superior driver- whether you said or not!

Merry Christmas!
congratulations on the article!...great story....we're so proud of you!!
Jennifer said…
Hey, I'm so glad you posted the link -- I hadn't seen it (not usually a DM reader.) I'm so proud of you!!

Jen
The Daily Rant said…
Hey - I can't find the article....seems like the link isn't working. I tried to Google it and came up with nada. Can you please email me (bellavenere@aol.com) a link that works? And congrats on being in the paper - I can't wait to read the article!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up