Patience Grasshopper

I believe I have the patience OF a grasshopper. A creature significantly smaller than myself is the only thing I can think of at the moment with potentially less capacity for patience than I.

And I try really really hard to be patient. Really I do. But it's so tough. Even having the very word tattooed upon my right wrist hasn't helped me in the patience department. But it sure looks pretty. haha

I am pretending to patiently wait for a work assignment that will take me home at the moment. Pretending to have nothing better to do with my time than sit around playing on the laptop all the live-long day. Bah! I just wanna go home!!

(tantrum break)

Ah, now that's much better. Back to the task at hand.

I am sitting in the wintry wonderland that is Winchester, Virginia, again waiting patiently for a load assignment. I enjoyed a delish dinner at the truck stop restaurant last night and I am currently considering lunchie munchies. I don't really need to eat, since I had a Pop-Tart breakfast only a couple hours ago, but I would like to have something with more substance and nutrition in my belly.

Last night I had one of the newer menu items being offered at this particular truck stop chain's restaurants. It was a tasty treat which I devoured like a starved wildebeest. I'd have called it a taco salad, minus greens, but I believe the menu called it something more like "nacho grande" or something like that. It was amazing.

Fresh tortilla chips smothered with seasoned ground beef, refried beans, jalapenos, nacho cheese, tomatoes, onions and black olives (both of which I opted out of since I think they're icky). The serving tray was as large as my head and I'm sure I probably ate my brain weight of the yummy stuff. Of course, I was burping it up even still this morning when I woke up. But it was sooo worth it.

If I go in for lunchie munchies, however, I'll likely stick to soup and salad only. After the calorie fest of the mucho yummo nacho grande thingy last night, I need a little caloric relief.

Aside from food, I also enjoyed some Frodo last night. I had recently purchased parts two and three of the Lord of the Ring movie trilogy. Last night I watched the second installment, The Two Towers. I'd only seen it maybe twice before and barely remember any of it from visual memory. But I had read the books last year so I was happy to find myself recalling much of the book descriptions and finding myself pleased at how fabulous Peter Jackson was at bring the imagination of JRR Tolkien to life on the big screen.

The Lord of the Rings, as a whole, is one of the most fantastic tales I've ever had the pleasure of reading. I'll likely find myself reading it again in the future, perhaps again in the coming year even. But I'm a reader and as readers go I have many favorites. I'll share a few with you if you like... or if you don't like... go find something else to do for a few paragraphs. hehe

I thoroughly enjoyed reading was the "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy", which you can find now in most bookstores as one whole book, comprised of several smaller books. It makes it's easier to read and stores much better than the 5-6 books you might otherwise need to purchase to read everything related under the single title quoted above. I say 5-6 books since there was an additional books that had been added since the original four stories were written by Douglas Adams. The sixth book was written by Eoin Colfer. I have not read this one... but I hear it's quite fitting to the tale.

One book that captivated my imagination was one I read around age 13. The title, "The Neverending Story". Of course most people have heard of the movie that was an 80's hit, but very few of the movie fans knew it was originally a very descriptive and very LONG novel before hitting the big screen. I was so absorbed by the story that I found myself opening one cover and closing the other in two days time. I barely ate, I barely slept and I LOVED it.

More recently I have found myself drawn to more criminal minds with the works of Tess Gerritsen. She has a group of books that are referred to as the "Jane Rizzoli & Dr. Maura Isles" series, which I am quite fond of. The tales are of murder with a medical twist, of course the stories wouldn't be complete without a little bit of romance as well. I look forward to what might possibly be THE new hit tv drama, "Rizzoli", inspired by the novels which I love so much. I really hope that the show gets picked up by network television, because it'd likely be my new favorite show!

Along the same lines I'm finding that I am enjoying the works of Kathy Reichs as well. Medical murder mysteries are always a sure thing for me it seems, and what I've read of her so far fits the bill to a tee. The books by this author have also served as inspiration for a television programming, in the popular tv drama called "Bones".

I could blog about all of the things which I love to read, but then there is just not enough time or space to write of all of the things I enjoy reading. So I'll leave you with those! Perhaps post a comment about something you recommend reading to pass the time. I'm always open to new authors and genres!

Well, I've worked up an appetite. I'm off to find grubbage and then hopefully off to find my way home.

Comments

Txjerry2 said…
If you like the medical murder books then I am sure you have read some of Patricia Cornwell books. She is Kay Scarpetta a medical examiner. I have enjoyed all of her books.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up