On the Eve of Thirty

After midnight tonight I will no longer be in my twenties. I thought I'd be more emotional than I am about the whole thing, honestly. For the past year, though, I've been practicing by telling just about anyone who asks that I was already 30. I mostly did it because I found the reactions I got at this statement amusing. People see me and assume I'm barely legal to drive a big rig. Partially because of my height, partially because of my "youthful good looks".

Okay, I'm being a little conceited there, but I do look young for my age. And that's how I hope to keep it! I don't want someone assuming that I'm older than I am because of my outward appearance. And I believe that my super awesome idea of quit smoking nearly 4 years ago will continue to help with arresting the aging process of at least my facial area. So I'm already on the right track.

Anywho.

I'm looking forward to another 30 years, and then some. With all that I've accomplished since birth, I can only imagine how much more I will accomplish between now and my death... so long as that doesn't come prematurely. I look forward to accepting every new challenge that comes my way in the coming days. I hope that I've learned some of the skills necessary to survive, thrive and succeed as an adult in this world. Knowing I haven't learned enough, I hope my mind remains open enough to accept new lessons as they present themselves.

I know I will continue to learn. I will continue to grow. I will continue to, well... kick a$$!

Yee Haw! Bring it on, life! I'm ready for more... gimme all you got!

Lucky for me my company realized that I didn't need to sit around idly on my birthday and they have me bustling about all day tomorrow. I am on a load now that delivers promptly at 7am in CT. Then I grab an empty trailer, head to a new location in CT and pick up the first part of a two part load. After that's done, I head down to NJ to pick up the second half of the load to take to the Allentown, PA area for delivery all in the same day. I'm hoping that I will have enough hours on the day to get to a decent truck stop so I can at least enjoy a nice meal and a hot shower at the end of my first day of being 30.

But we shall see!

Exciting, isn't it?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday, GiGi. Think of this as your first 30.

With many accomplishments! Tipping a brew to a happy one for you.

Over the road. Hardly over the hill.

Belledog
happy birthday!!!...... hope you had a wonderful first step into the world of the thirties!!
Unknown said…
Happy Belated Birthday!!!!! You'll adore your 30s.
Unknown said…
Happy Happy Birthday!!

Belated, I realize. I should have known you were a fellow virgo as much as I enjoy your posts, lol.

I do hope you feel better soon!

Kate

PS. thirty is a baby, honestly...

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up