All's Well...

Seems that things in Dell-land are doing much better. My computer even seems to be running a little smoother since getting rid of that icky Trojan virus. Hooray!

Not only is my laptop kicking butt, so is my new Apple iPhone 3G. It's not the newest, biggest and bestest iPhone, but it's good enough for me. I bought it this past weekend! Although I'm still having some trouble figuring things out. Heck, the gal that sold it to me at the AT&T Store showed me all sorts of helpful things as a sort of mini-tutoring session.

The one thing she didn't show me.... how to make a friggin' phone call! haha I had all of my contacts transferred over from my old phone's SIM card so when I went to try to make a call to one of my contacts I kept getting a simple info screen for the contact I'd selected.

And I kid you not when I admit that it took me a full 8 minutes to figure out how to make a call. Once that was accomplished, things were going great. That is until I received my first incoming call. Freaked out... couldn't get it to answer... missed the call. haha!

I'm still figuring things out and playing around with it. There are a few features it has that are awesome and a few that I wish it had. But all in all it was a great deal and I think I'll like it. It will also help me stay more connected as far as social networking and texting goes because it's all right there at the tips of my fingers at any time.

Blogging, however, will still be an exclusive laptop activity as the tiny on-screen keyboard on the iPhone and my fatty fingertips aren't quite compatible!

I also learned that my old crappy jWin bluetooth isn't compatible with the iPhone and therefore is now useless to me. And I don't know what kind of bluetooth to get, because apparently it's hit or miss with bluetooth items and the iPhone. Go figure!

Aside from technology stuff, things are going well I suppose. I am back out on the road from taking a long weekend for myself. I started out in WV early this morning picking up part one of three for my first work assignment of the week. The second part I picked up in Columbus and I pick up the third part tomorrow in Lima, OH before heading over towards Rome, NY. It's a nice run to start off a short week, the stop off pay makes all the difference!

I hope to get enough really good runs in the next three weeks to make up for the lengthy time off that ended for me at 5:15 this morning. The time off was worth it though. I got to see my lil' brother who is home for two weeks from Iraq as well as other family and friends I've not seen in quite a while. It was super!

Comments

Wayne said…
Check out the trucker app for the iphone. www.truckerapp.com
GoGo said…
Hey GiGi. If you have two computers there is a program that can sync the files/folders between two or more computers. Its called Folder Share, its free & Microsoft owns it!

I use that as my back up. That and i have a external drive also at home as a triple backup.
Unknown said…
I'm in LOVE with my Iphone--just ask my hubby, I tell him I adore the phone everyday, LOL! Haven't gotten around to buying a bluetooth earpiece but do use the Motoroker speaker/fm transmitter with it and it seems to do quite well.

The only drawback to the Iphone for me is the lack of a dedicated camera button on the outside. By the time I slide the unlock and tap the camera icon I'm usually past what I wanted a quick shot of.

And it did take me a couple of weeks to fully adjust to the calling out system too.

Gabby
Martin said…
AFAIAA, the iPhone will only connect with a dedicated iPhone bluetooth earpiece.

It is somewhat a PITA as my new car has the built-in Bluetooth that is integrated with the voice-operated control system but my iPhone and it won't connect! Grrrr

If you do find another (make) earpiece that will work, let us know. Ty.

M.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up